When did my PR begin ?

Krishmeu

Hello Members

I received my PR under off-shore skilled category

PR application got approved on 2012 February.

I had to come to Australia before September 2012 to activate the PR.

I came to Australia on August 2012 and stayed for few days

Question is, when did my 5 years PR start ?

Did it start from Feb 2012 or August 2012 ?

Your response is highly appreciated

Thanks!

The 5 years definitely starts from the date of grant NOT the date when you enter Australia to validate your visa.

The five year validity of the the visa starts when it is granted. But the date that PR starts (for the purposes of citizenship etc) is not until the visa is activated.

As the op asked about the five years, that is from visa grant. Citizenship is a whole other thing.

The Op was vague in the question "when did my 5 years PR start ?" and mixed terminology. If '5 years PR' was a reference to RRV or citizenship status or if the actual question was 'when did my PR start', then it is activation date. Only if the question mean 'does my visa end five years after I activated it, or when it was granted?' is that answer: from the date of the visa grant.

PR doesn't start until you activate the visa... which is the question in the topics subject..

The five year validity of the the visa starts when it is granted. But the date that PR starts (for the purposes of citizenship etc) is not until the visa is activated.

My status is considered as Permanent Resident from the date of the grant or from the date of activation ? (for offshore applicants)

Archived