23 yr old male, looking to move to Australia for a better life.

inxie

Wow thanks so much for all the replies.

I knew they were strict but I never knew it was this difficult.

If I get the qualifications needed, how long do I have to work in that position (in Oz) in order to get permanent residency?

Is there an accepted qualification that only takes 1 or even 2 years to acquire?

<Disclaimer> I got my 189 Visa 2 years ago, regulations change constantly and I'd advise consulting one of the agents that post on here to verify any info </Disclaimer>

I obtained a 189 skilled independent visa 2 years ago. I don't have a degree but passed the ACS assessment for a Software Engineer through my vendor qualifications (I hold a number of Microsoft qualifications). The assessment requirements have changed, at the time my basic MCTS qualified as a AQF diploma equivalent, now you need an MCSE or MCSD, in your case most likely a MCSD Web Applications (https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx ) . This then counts as a vendor assessed qualification for the purpose of points awarding and I got 10 points for the qualification. More details on page 11 (section 9) of the following link https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

Bear in mind that experience counting towards migration only counts POST when you get the qualification so you would still need probably 3 years experience after passing the exams. Also bear in mind this strategy is highly risky as what may pass the assessments now won't necessarily pass the assessments in 3 years. However any competent web developer should be able to pass the 3 MCSD exams within 3 months of study part time.

In the absence of being able to wait for a proper diploma and post diploma experience this may work for you.

If you decide to follow up on this PLEASE take professional advice from someone who is used to dealing with these issues, Westly Russell or Alan Collet are recommended on a regular basis.

Any questions please feel free to ask. I can only comment on my own experience though and as stated previously regulations change constantly and what worked for me 2 years ago may be totally inappropriate now.

Cheers

Nick

Adding Quote from Immi Website for Qualification Points when using MCSD as vendor qualification assessed as comparable to AQF Diploma:

Any other qualification

You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority

<Disclaimer> I got my 189 Visa 2 years ago, regulations change constantly and I'd advise consulting one of the agents that post on here to verify any info </Disclaimer>

I obtained a 189 skilled independent visa 2 years ago. I don't have a degree but passed the ACS assessment for a Software Engineer through my vendor qualifications (I hold a number of Microsoft qualifications). The assessment requirements have changed, at the time my basic MCTS qualified as a AQF diploma equivalent, now you need an MCSE or MCSD, in your case most likely a MCSD Web Applications (https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx ) . This then counts as a vendor assessed qualification for the purpose of points awarding and I got 10 points for the qualification. More details on page 11 (section 9) of the following link https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

Bear in mind that experience counting towards migration only counts POST when you get the qualification so you would still need probably 3 years experience after passing the exams. Also bear in mind this strategy is highly risky as what may pass the assessments now won't necessarily pass the assessments in 3 years. However any competent web developer should be able to pass the 3 MCSD exams within 3 months of study part time.

In the absence of being able to wait for a proper diploma and post diploma experience this may work for you.

If you decide to follow up on this PLEASE take professional advice from someone who is used to dealing with these issues, Westly Russell or Alan Collet are recommended on a regular basis.

Any questions please feel free to ask. I can only comment on my own experience though and as stated previously regulations change constantly and what worked for me 2 years ago may be totally inappropriate now.

Cheers

Nick

Adding Quote from Immi Website for Qualification Points when using MCSD as vendor qualification assessed as comparable to AQF Diploma:

Any other qualification

You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority

ACS has changed significantly over the last couple of years. You can apply with a diploma etc but ACS are deducting stupid amounts of years now for not having a degree.

ACS has changed significantly over the last couple of years. You can apply with a diploma etc but ACS are deducting stupid amounts of years now for not having a degree.

Very true, hence my notes on risk and to consult a professional rather than my out of date advice :) I was lucky as I had 12 years experience, of which 8 years was post qualification so I got full experience points.

Either way it looks like a long term project for the OP.

This is one of those times when you may want to consider that life is what happens when you are busy making other plans - dont get one eyed about moving to Australia but grab every opportunity that comes your way and value every relationship because you may never get to Australia - or you may, who knows. Focussing solely on moving there will curtail the rest of your life adventure and may mean that you miss even better opportunities ya never know!

Using someone to get a visa is morally wrong imho. I have two aussie daughters living in the UK,both have partners (british)and neither want to move to Australia. If I had any inkling when my kids met these guys that the guy was just using them as a way to gain entry to Australia "The easy way" I would be advising daughter to ditch said guy as fast as you can say "Hit the road Jack"! Its not the first time someone has advised someone else to do this on the forum,and its just wrong.

Easy way? Putting up with a woman for 5 years? 2 in UK and 3 in Oz, it would be easier to swim to Oz.

Overwhelmed by the responses here, read every single word. Thank you!

I will look through the SOL and seek professional advice, however I'm beginning to realize how naive I was about this whole thing.

Thanks again everyone!!

Archived