English school for immigrants?

kanpens

Hi.

I'm thinking about starting a business (and mostly - new life smile.gif ) in Autralia. I have some savings and I might try to get credit to start a English school. I know it might sound silly, but as a foreigner I remember when I come to UK, and I struggled with my English. This make me think that it might be good idea to start English school for others like me from the past - immigrants seeking for a better life. People, who are comming over here, and want to improve their English to be more confident in searching for job or just daily interactions with other people. In my home country there is one English school that offer franchising . I can use their knowledge and my skills and try to open my own business. I know that they'r quite successful.

My question is how do you guys think is this might work and be profitable is there a place in Australia for that kind of business?

is it possible?

thank you for you help! it's difficult to plan a future in a country where I have never been to!

best wishes!

Firstly, if you are not in Australia already would you qualify for a visa and which one? the Business emigration visa seems very expensive.

In our area here, there are classes organised by the local council and run by volunteers, which do pretty much what you suggest. There are also language schools in the CBD.

You would have to select the area carefully so as to attract people who would pay for these services.

Um, they teach English in Aussie schools and there are ESL teachers in all schools for new migrants and English classes for new adult migrants in TAFEs and there are also various not for profit organizations which also help adult migrants in their homes so if this is your only business plan I think you'd be better off thinking of something else.

Archived