Is it worth sending wardrobes to oz?

Karlthecamper

Hey,

a quick question, if somebody would be kind enough to respond with a yes/no:

Is it worth shipping out wardrobes from the UK when planning to rent a property in Australia? It seems many properties have build in wardrobes so don't want to end up left with wardrobes we don't need but at the same time we wouldn't want to end up without wardrobes either!

Any experiences of shipping wardrobes and being glad/ regretful would be much appreciated!

We are looking to move to a Brisbane suburb if this can help shed more light on the matter.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

No.

Many rental houses have builtins. Even if they don't, you can pick up wardrobes cheaply and easily, either at op shops or Ikea. (Ikea is on the south side; there is talk of a new one on the north side, at Northlakes, but don't know anything more.)

Wardrobes, even well made, have very little value now. That's true of all large items of furniture, sadly. As it happens, I was discussing this recently with an acquaintance who has been running an auction house here in Brisbane for decades. He sells a lot of stuff from deceased estates.

Best

Robyn

Thank you for taking out the time to reply to my thread. Much appreciated. First time I have used a forum and proved worthwhile!

We won't take our wardrobes based on what has been said - even storing them will be pain when it comes to moving again and again - as I'm sure we will until we find an area which suits our family.

If no built ins available, we'll just have to have floordrobes as previously mentioned! LOL!

Thanks again and good luck to all making the big move in 2015!!

Archived