Citizenship residency requirement

rigglet

Dear all,

Should get my PR visa through in June of 2015 but I'm already thinking about citizenship. Not least because I now notice that they residency requirement is 4 years not 5 as before.

My question is - can I count my time here on my working holiday towards the residency requirement for citizenship?

Dates are:

Arrived 2/7/12

Applied 820/801 partner visa 17/06/2013

PR due 17/06/2015 (if not before)

BY my reckoning I should be eligible to apply for my citizenship by: 2/07/2016 (four years after arriving on my working holiday visa)

Thoughts? Thanks guys and girls.

Dear all,

Should get my PR visa through in June of 2015 but I'm already thinking about citizenship. Not least because I now notice that they residency requirement is 4 years not 5 as before.

My question is - can I count my time here on my working holiday towards the residency requirement for citizenship?

Dates are:

Arrived 2/7/12

Applied 820/801 partner visa 17/06/2013

PR due 17/06/2015 (if not before)

BY my reckoning I should be eligible to apply for my citizenship by: 2/07/2016 (four years after arriving on my working holiday visa)

Thoughts? Thanks guys and girls.

my daughter has applied for her 801 in Dec. will post if and when it's granted, but not holding her breath that it will come through quickly.

will post when hopefully she hears it's through so people have an idea of how long it's taking. She lodged in Sydney

my daughter has applied for her 801 in Dec. will post if and when it's granted, but not holding her breath that it will come through quickly.

will post when hopefully she hears it's through so people have an idea of how long it's taking. She lodged in Sydney

Thanks. I'd be interested to find out what the time scale is like for the permanent 801. How long had it been since the initial application before she heard anything about the 801 - right on the two year limit or just before?

A friend of mine going through the same process about a year earlier said that he was contacted about 3 months before the two year mark and actually received his 801 slightly earlier than two years.

Mid to late Oct. From memory, lodged 801 22nd dec. 1 day after the 2 years 820 lodged.

had to redo quite a lot:

police clearance, Proof of ongoing relationship, bills etc at same address

at least 10 photos taken since the 820 granted, of both in photos with others, dated, place and names of the others, that was quite tough as it was only just over a year, plenty of them individually with others.

2 888 forms

statement from partner

can't remember if anything else.

Archived