189 Visa Lodged January 2015

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lodged my 189 application on Jan. 3rd and finished my health examinations and attached my police clearance on Jan. 16th. I finished filling out form 80 today but haven't attached it yet. Do I have to make a certified copy of it before scanning and uploading it to the online form?

My wife and I are keeping the fingers crossed here, same as you guys. Good luck to all!

Lodged my 189 application on Jan. 3rd and finished my health examinations and attached my police clearance on Jan. 16th. I finished filling out form 80 today but haven't attached it yet. Do I have to make a certified copy of it before scanning and uploading it to the online form?

My wife and I are keeping the fingers crossed here, same as you guys. Good luck to all!

Colour scans of original documents don't need to be certified.

I haven't yet but will be soon.

In terms of Oz, I'm sure people may have questions when they're visa is hopefully granted. I'm thinking in terms of planning for the big move! Where do you start?!

Have you decided if you will bring a container or if you will start a fresh?

where are you planning on settling?

We just submitted our EOI with me as the primary applicant as a Secondary School Teacher with 65 points. Four years in the making and the time is finally here. I've been lurking on this website for so long and now I actually get to post in one of these threads, very exciting!

Any ideas how long I might have to wait to actually apply?

Wish us luck!

So excited! Teachingcouple we are in the same boat, been quietly watching and can finally comment! We received our invite on the 9th Jan 2015.

I am a little confused though. I plan to apply this week and have just been getting documents in order (had to get lots of replacements as I managed to put all the documents I had gathered for skills assessment in the summer in a 'very safe' place and unfortunately they are still in that safe place) I was planning on applying but when I checked the list of required documents again the police check is there. I thought we had to wait to be asked for that? Also I haven't even booked our medicals yet because I thought we had to wait to be asked to get those too? Should I just go ahead and apply and upload all the documents I have, then book our medicals and apply for police check? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

benj1980 - thanks for the info. Did you get this information from the immi website or is it just something you know from people posting on here?

pinkestlady - good luck with the documentation! We have our own issue about police and medical checks, which is that my wife is heavily pregnant and due to give birth mid February. We will have to fill out form 1022 to notify them and also wait until the baby is born to get our medical checks done, and we will have to get it's passport.

There are a few things I am unsure of though... do I have to tell them when we actually apply and pay for the visa that she is pregnant?

And once the baby is born where do we send the 1022 form, do we just upload it like the other documents?

Also, will we have to wait until the baby gets his passport before the visa can be processed and granted?

If anyone has the answers to these questions I would be very grateful, though from reading other forum posts it seems this is a somewhat common occurrence and the C/O's are accommodating about this.

benj1980 - thanks for the info. Did you get this information from the immi website or is it just something you know from people posting on here?

pinkestlady - good luck with the documentation! We have our own issue about police and medical checks, which is that my wife is heavily pregnant and due to give birth mid February. We will have to fill out form 1022 to notify them and also wait until the baby is born to get our medical checks done, and we will have to get it's passport.

There are a few things I am unsure of though... do I have to tell them when we actually apply and pay for the visa that she is pregnant?

And once the baby is born where do we send the 1022 form, do we just upload it like the other documents?

Also, will we have to wait until the baby gets his passport before the visa can be processed and granted?

If anyone has the answers to these questions I would be very grateful, though from reading other forum posts it seems this is a somewhat common occurrence and the C/O's are accommodating about this.

People posting on here. I believe Immi has a target of processing 189's within 3 months, they wouldn't want to admit publicly that they're processing a bit quicker. You can imagine the queries/complaints if they slowed down a bit!