457 - Current processing times

tbk

My visa application was submitted on 12th December 2014 and the status change in front of my name "Processing - Please wait for the department to contact you"

happened around 10th Jan., I am not sure if this happens for all the application, however, the status of application is still "In Progress" as of today and there has been no correspondence.

Having a quick Google, I think it might be related to my Health Insurance been processed. As far as I'm aware, this message wasn't there before.

Meeting the health requirement

Health has been finalised for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the department. If this person needs to do anything further to meet the health requirement, they will be contacted by the department. There is no need to contact the department at this time concerning this matter.

No Action for me today, Status is still In Progress, my MA told we need to wait and nothing can be done to expedite, I called up few other MAs and found from one of them that my application may be waiting for the external third party check. Please let me know, if anyone knows about external third party check for 457 visa.

what does this mean, is it checking previous employer references?

Not sure, they may be checking the employment and education documents, just to add, my old 457 visa expired in January and the new one has been applied by the new employer on 12th December. Since I already had 4 years 457 that expired in Jan. not sure why getting the new one is taking so long.

Did anyone tried callig immi yesterday or today? I have been calling since yesterday on 131881 but no response, since last week, once I select the options I was told my place in the queue and usually after an hour my call gets answered but I am not getting to know my place in the call queue when I am calling today, has anyone experienced the same.

I'm in the UK so I'm not calling, and I'm certainly not spending an hour waiting on hold... boy you're keen! :)

I just had an email from my MA saying he's expecting to receive an update shortly, "hopefully in the next couple of days".

My app was lodged on 23 December, so Friday would make 20 working days (more or less) since then.

Edited by mungbean

Did anyone tried callig immi yesterday or today? I have been calling since yesterday on 131881 but no response, since last week, once I select the options I was told my place in the queue and usually after an hour my call gets answered but I am not getting to know my place in the call queue when I am calling today, has anyone experienced the same.

Rad28, is it possible to call this number from outside Oz, and will they actually give you an update when you do get to speak to someone??

I'm in the UK so I'm not calling, and I'm certainly not spending an hour waiting on hold... boy you're keen! :)

I just had an email from my MA saying he's expecting to receive an update shortly, "hopefully in the next couple of days".

My app was lodged on 23 December, so Friday would make 20 working days (more or less) since then.

I have given up with my MA now, originally lodged on the 12th November, more info needed and returned on the 8th of December and we have heard nothing since.

We are at 36 working days as of today!!!

Rad28, is it possible to call this number from outside Oz, and will they actually give you an update when you do get to speak to someone??

From http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/our-telephone-numbers.aspx

Telephone: 131 881

This number is only available if you are phoning from in Australia. If you are outside Australia and want to make an enquiry please contact the relevant Australian Immigration office overseas.

Which eventually leads you through to the European Service Centre numbers: http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Service-centres/europe-service-centre.aspx

Edited by mungbean

From http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/our-telephone-numbers.aspx

Telephone: 131 881

This number is only available if you are phoning from in Australia. If you are outside Australia and want to make an enquiry please contact the relevant Australian Immigration office overseas.

Which eventually leads you through to the European Service Centre numbers: http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Service-centres/europe-service-centre.aspx

Thanks for that, already tried it a while ago. I would have had more success driving there and banging on the front door.

Applied for 457 on the 15 January. No MA, the HR person at my office filled out the application (she has done this before). Application was "decision ready", I had previously been on a 457 from Sept 2012-Sept 2014. Applied for PR in September but got refused due to a technicality, so withdrew the application. I had to leave Oz and reapply for 457 off-shore. Hoping that a decision will come through soon - left everything in Oz! Anyone else apply in January?

Not sure, they may be checking the employment and education documents, just to add, my old 457 visa expired in January and the new one has been applied by the new employer on 12th December. Since I already had 4 years 457 that expired in Jan. not sure why getting the new one is taking so long.

Rad28 - I'm kind of in a similar boat. I was on a 457, applied for PR but withdrew the application and am reapplying for a 457 at the same place in the same position - you'd think it would be straight forward as they have all details previously. I've only been waiting two weeks but it has been a slow two weeks.

As far as I am aware anyways. But I was advised that if you have a PR visa refused you need to withdraw the application, then the refusal "disappears" and its not against your profile. Then you can reapply from off-shore for a 457 (if your employer is willing to nominate you again).

As far as I am aware anyways. But I was advised that if you have a PR visa refused you need to withdraw the application, then the refusal "disappears" and its not against your profile. Then you can reapply from off-shore for a 457 (if your employer is willing to nominate you again).

Well as per the call I had today with immi there is no process to renew the 457 it is treated as a new application everytime we apply for it, even if the application is straight forward, there should be someone looking at it, I have heard as soon as case officer looks at it, he can provide the approval but not sure what's taking them so long to atleast look at the application(this is the information from calling immi everyday).

On the other hand one of the external MA told me there is step for external third party checks that sometimes takes long.

My visa was applied on 12th December through the company's MA, though I am on bridging visa that allows me to stay here but I can't work till my nomination is approved.