457 - Current processing times

tbk

Been 9 weeks for me now.... Lodged around the 28/12/15, Received an email from the Agent this morning advising there have been discussions with Immigration this week about info that needed updating, Agent is hoping visa is finalized by COB Monday... positive thghts !!!!!!!!

Uk / Perth

Good luck everyone !

Been 9 weeks for me now.... Lodged around the 28/12/15, Received an email from the Agent this morning advising there have been discussions with Immigration this week about info that needed updating, Agent is hoping visa is finalized by COB Monday... positive thghts !!!!!!!!

Uk / Perth

Good luck everyone !

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why some get processed before mine.. Mine has been submitted since 31st December and apparently just says Application Received. If it is just in a queue then why are others getting quicker responses? There's nothing strange about my application it's just from the UK. I have no idea how long this is going to take and I'm not handling it very well.

Hi folks

Been following this thread for some time while my sponsor and their agent have been preparing application.

Happy to say that nomination and application submitted today

Will keep everyone updated with my progress, the agent has said average processing time of 4-6 weeks but I am prepared for a longer wait after reading experiences of others in this thread.

Excited and Nervous at the same time.

No reason for the nerves really as I am from low risk country (UK), and a straight forward application but we have been looking forward to this so much I just think it makes the wait that much harder.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Edited by patrickdinsmore

Hi folks

Been following this thread for some time while my sponsor and their agent have been preparing application.

Happy to say that nomination and application submitted today

Will keep everyone updated with my progress, the agent has said average processing time of 4-6 weeks but I am prepared for a longer wait after reading experiences of others in this thread.

Excited and Nervous at the same time.

No reason for the nerves really as I am from low risk country (UK), and a straight forward application but we have been looking forward to this so much I just think it makes the wait that much harder.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@chrissp

I know how you feel, i was supposed to hear today... and still nothing..in my 10th week of waiting.. My start date for my job was on the 1st Feb..

If your visa was submitted on the 31st Dec you should hear any day now !!

Hi,

Mine started in dec 14 2015 month... Is your nomination approved or just waiting for visa grant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why some get processed before mine.. Mine has been submitted since 31st December and apparently just says Application Received. If it is just in a queue then why are others getting quicker responses? There's nothing strange about my application it's just from the UK. I have no idea how long this is going to take and I'm not handling it very well.

i think you should just relax and let it take its course ... worrying about it isnt going to make it process any faster , although i know how stressful it is !! i applied for my application on nov30th and im still waiting . just passed the 3 month mark the other day so i emailed them asking whats happening . ive my brothers wedding to go to in brisbane on april 2nd so need to either get my 457 or apply for a visitor visa .

GOOD NEWS !!!!!! Visa APPROVED today.. over the moon !!!

Visa application 04.01.2016

Approved - 02.03.2016

UK to Perth

Good luck everyone and wish you all the best

Fantastic news, congratulations. I am getting somewhere now it seems, I have been told it's being assessed and some extra info has been asked for so there is progress finally! Hopefully it all comes through soon.

Mine has changed from 'application received' to 'assessment in progress'

I've been waiting since the lodge date of 24th Nov then 16th Feb they asked for the medicals to be repeated because the requirements had changed or something.

Any idea how long it will typically take to do now it's changed to this status?

I'm getting really frustrated with it now.

I'm from UK so low risk but spent 6 years in China plus my wife is Thai so I'm guessing they consider me high risk now.

I'm a CEO moving to Melbourne in an intercompany transfer.

Company sponsorship and nomination all done last year, plus I'm actually in Melbourne already, unable to leave or do anything meaningful because of the restrictions on my bridging visa.

GOOD NEWS !!!!!! Visa APPROVED today.. over the moon !!!

Visa application 04.01.2016

Approved - 02.03.2016

UK to Perth

Good luck everyone and wish you all the best

Hi Waiting123,

Congratulations......!!!

Can you please share your duration of your 457 visa?

How long your 457 visa is approved for?

also other members who got the 457 visa, Are you able to share the length of your 457 visa ?

Thanks in advance.