457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All,

I am new in forum was reading all your comments.My brother in law applied 457 visa in 27th Dec 2015. Nomination was approved on 30th Mar16. Case officer requested further documentation submitted on 16th Jun16. Receive email for case officer on 23rd Jun16 that internal checks to finalised. He haven't get the visa yet. What will be reason for delay.

similar here. My MA submitted the additional docs on 16/6/2016.

Could you clarify what means by 'Nomination approved'?

I was applying via the agent, and I had just 3 milestones -

1. When agent confirmed that application along with necessary documents has been submitted

2. When agent gave me some case number and sent to medical examination

3. When visa was approved

So, starting from point 3 I was able to enter Australia and work with on 457 visa.

Now it's 14 weeks passed from the application and ~11 weeks since medical examination for my family dependant visas. I'm trying to understand what are the maximum terms. Is it correct that you applied on 27th Dec 2015 and still not able to enter Australia? So I may assume that processing may take more than 6 months with no result and, after that, some additional information may be requested?

Could you clarify what means by 'Nomination approved'?

I was applying via the agent, and I had just 3 milestones -

1. When agent confirmed that application along with necessary documents has been submitted

2. When agent gave me some case number and sent to medical examination

3. When visa was approved

So, starting from point 3 I was able to enter Australia and work with on 457 visa.

Now it's 14 weeks passed from the application and ~11 weeks since medical examination for my family dependant visas. I'm trying to understand what are the maximum terms. Is it correct that you applied on 27th Dec 2015 and still not able to enter Australia? So I may assume that processing may take more than 6 months with no result and, after that, some additional information may be requested?

Hi Alex, there is two parts of 457 Visa one is Employer nomination application and another is visa application.

Actually is my brother in laws application. Applied on 27 Dec15 through MA. And the employer nomination approved on 30th match. CO requested additional documents for visa application and we submit on 16/06. On 23 jun MA send email to immi to finalised application and received email on 24/06 from immi saying Internal checks to be finalised before visa grant. After that no response from CO. Still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you asked your agent?

Not yet, wanted to get more info on this before going to her so she can't just make some **** up and fob it off.

Hey mate, the exact same thing happened to me, My migration agent emailed them rather than just uploading it, I Was furious as I asked for weeks have they sent the additional info and kept getting, yes immi should reply soon, So l logged on and uploaded the info myself after repeated requesting them to do it.

mine was for the SBS not my actual visa however the very next day after me uploading the docs the SBS was granted, it was so frustrating.

My advice call your agent and ask them why its not showing on immi? and dont take **** from them, One Thing Ive noticed from MA's is that however important your visa is to you, They have many customers, and sometimes it seems sending a template email to 457@border.blah blah is easier than logging in and doing it properly.

Good luck.

This is the exact same **** I've been getting from mine, she said she's done it and just to wait so it's looking like she's just fired it off as an email instead of the site exactly as you say. Getting in contact isn't the easiest at the minute, there's a delay due to the fact she's on holiday in UK for the last month+, currently waiting for her to reply to my email about this but I'll likely just upload the document myself today just in case. Pretty livid at the whole situation as I specifically asked her in April if we should sort out 457 insurance for my Mrs instead of sticking with her student one but she said leave it and only address it if immi flag it, if I'd realised it would potentially add another 28+ days to the application I'd have told her where to stick her advice.

Cheers for the reply mate this is what I was looking for, because it's been 3 weeks already we're getting close to the 28 days to supply the info so if the agent's not done it yet I need to sort it, just needed to be sure it wouldn't screw anything up.

Hi Alex, there is two parts of 457 Visa one is Employer nomination application and another is visa application.

Actually is my brother in laws application. Applied on 27 Dec15 through MA. And the employer nomination approved on 30th match. CO requested additional documents for visa application and we submit on 16/06. On 23 jun MA send email to immi to finalised application and received email on 24/06 from immi saying Internal checks to be finalised before visa grant. After that no response from CO. Still waiting.

I believe my employer is nominated as it is bringing a lot of people from overseas to Australia (on 457 visa).

Or is this Employer nomination procedure required for each visa case? I believe not, just one time (or once a several years)

So comparing to my case, we should consider your processing time from 16/06. My docs were submitted back in April. I was not requested for any additional documents and still nothing.

Maybe they are considering each of my 4 family members in sequence..

Hey guys I have been following the thread for a while now and would like to tell my story.

I am currently working in Oz and my company are sponsoring me for the 457 Visa, they have never sponsored anyone before and I am wondering if this will effect the nomination approval time?

I am from the UK, currently onshore Oz and the nomination and visa application were both submitted on 31/5/16

Has anyone went through the process with an employer how has never sponsored anyone before and would share their experience? what timescales are we looking at?

Thanks

I am currently going through the same, I didnt apply for the nom/visa until 1/7 so I am still within the normal time-frame, mines still at received. I would try and get some info for yourself, email HR / the agent and ask what has happend etc. Have they requested any docs is it all going ok etc. One thing i noticed as soon as you apply for you visa while in Aus, your Bridging visa is granted straight away. So if your employer has submitted your nom / visa ask for the bridging visa information - my visa expires 3rd august so when i applied on the 1st july my bridiging visa was emailed to me straight away.

I think it will matter more about you, the job you are being employed to do. rather than the company itself.

Not yet, wanted to get more info on this before going to her so she can't just make some **** up and fob it off.

This is the exact same **** I've been getting from mine, she said she's done it and just to wait so it's looking like she's just fired it off as an email instead of the site exactly as you say. Getting in contact isn't the easiest at the minute, there's a delay due to the fact she's on holiday in UK for the last month+, currently waiting for her to reply to my email about this but I'll likely just upload the document myself today just in case. Pretty livid at the whole situation as I specifically asked her in April if we should sort out 457 insurance for my Mrs instead of sticking with her student one but she said leave it and only address it if immi flag it, if I'd realised it would potentially add another 28+ days to the application I'd have told her where to stick her advice.

Cheers for the reply mate this is what I was looking for, because it's been 3 weeks already we're getting close to the 28 days to supply the info so if the agent's not done it yet I need to sort it, just needed to be sure it wouldn't screw anything up.

I honestly can't believe how alike this is to my case. If its just 457 insurance certificate mate, I would log on and upload it now under the correct tab and click on the submit addtional info button . 50 Days + for email response from 457 and that if they can be arsed.

The initials of your MA are not RP are they?

I honestly can't believe how alike this is to my case. If its just 457 insurance certificate mate, I would log on and upload it now under the correct tab and click on the submit addtional info button . 50 Days + for email response from 457 and that if they can be arsed.

The initials of your MA are not RP are they?

Tried to do that earlier and spotted what the issue is, we've already uploaded 60 documents and reached the limit of of what you can upload via the site so she's been forced to email it by the looks of it. Still waiting for her to confirm she emailed it but she's been above board with me so far, just her "laid back" aussie style of dealing with immi is infuriating, especially as we've had to do this from Offshore and I've had to take 8 weeks off work. Not the same one as this ones initials are IA based in Perth.

I already have my 457 (been on it for nearly 3 year) but we're trying to add my mrs on to it as defacto partner so we provided a tonne of evidence for the relationship as I've seen mates have a nightmare going for PR by continually being asked to supply further info as they didn't submit everything at the start and it drags on and on.

It sounds like you've done the same as me, working holiday visa to 457? If that's the case mine took just over 8 weeks all in from the business renewing the SBS to being granted the visa, though the agent my work used at that time didn't bother telling us it'd been granted for another 2 weeks :| They're all hopeless.

IMMI got back to me today and asked for more information.

Seems there is some progress here. I waited exactly 20 business days before they reply.

Anyone knows how long I have to wait again after I send them the additional documents?

50days

Finally .... The wait is over for me happy

my time is applied sponsorship, nomination and visa on 24/3/2016

medicals done on 4/4/2016

further documents requested on 17/5/2016

submitted everything on 10/6/2016

got sponsorship , nomination and visa grant all in 10-15 mins Gap on 2/8/2016

applied as a cook on shore for HR (India )

I have worked for same organisation for year it's a new business last year and got visa for 1 year ..,, now got it for 4 years.

for all who are waiting just have some faith guys .... Wish every one get their visas soon.... Cheers thank you.

Tried to do that earlier and spotted what the issue is, we've already uploaded 60 documents and reached the limit of of what you can upload via the site so she's been forced to email it by the looks of it. Still waiting for her to confirm she emailed it but she's been above board with me so far, just her "laid back" aussie style of dealing with immi is infuriating, especially as we've had to do this from Offshore and I've had to take 8 weeks off work. Not the same one as this ones initials are IA based in Perth.

I already have my 457 (been on it for nearly 3 year) but we're trying to add my mrs on to it as defacto partner so we provided a tonne of evidence for the relationship as I've seen mates have a nightmare going for PR by continually being asked to supply further info as they didn't submit everything at the start and it drags on and on.

It sounds like you've done the same as me, working holiday visa to 457? If that's the case mine took just over 8 weeks all in from the business renewing the SBS to being granted the visa, though the agent my work used at that time didn't bother telling us it'd been granted for another 2 weeks :| They're all hopeless.

Spot on mate my whv ends tomorrow so will be on a bridging visa until hopefully its granted, Im very anti-migration agent at the moment lol, i'm sure its like everything in life you get the good, bad and really bad lol cheers for the heads up, now its lodged im more relaxed good luck mate hope it gets sorted asap :-)

I have worked for same organisation for year it's a new business last year and got visa for 1 year ..,, now got it for 4 years.

for all who are waiting just have some faith guys .... Wish every one get their visas soon.... Cheers thank you.

Congrats

Congrats!!

Hi folks,

My 457 visa was granted yesterday and here is my timeline:

21 April - Nomination & Visa application submitted;

Beginning of June - Extra documents requested for nomination, and submitted the following day;

28 June - Nomination approved;

30 June - Health check;

2 August - Visa granted.

High risk country (China), with a wife, off shore. Job is Illustrator.

It was a frustrating waiting and a lot of patience needed. Hang in there!

Hi folks,

My 457 visa was granted yesterday and here is my timeline:

21 April - Nomination & Visa application submitted;

Beginning of June - Extra documents requested for nomination, and submitted the following day;

28 June - Nomination approved;

30 June - Health check;

2 August - Visa granted.

High risk country (China), with a wife, off shore. Job is Illustrator.

It was a frustrating waiting and a lot of patience needed. Hang in there!

Congrats. Which day in June did you submit request documents.

Dear all,

I am planning to apply a job in Australia from Singapore. Anyone could please share your experience or tips to get a job and it's company can offer to apply visa 457 as well?

Btw how long usually do we have to wait to get visa 457 approval?

FYI I am working in IT field, more specific it's SAP Functional Consultant for more than 6 years. I worked about 1.5 years in Vietnam (my home country), 1.5 years in oversea projects and about 3 years in Singapore.

I hope to get PR in Australia (via 186). I cannot apply PR visa 189 directly as I cannot get enough points (for my case it's 2611 - Systems Analysts which require 70 points (released in Mar16) and quota is reducing Y2015: 1,620, Y2016: 1,536 and Y2017: 1,482 :() I am not good at academic, therefore every tried many times, I cannot get 7 for Ielts or 65 in PTE for each band but unsuccessfully. My case if I could get 10 points with English, I would have maximum total 60 in total (No more points). It seems to be impossible for me to get 20 points in English :-( It's just 2nd language in my country, now as I've been working in SG for many years I don't have problem with English in working anymore but examination is still very tough, especially writing.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Minh

hey guys, i want to know does any body is asked to submit form 80,

immi asked for medical check and form 80 on 19th july submitted both on 25 july,

wondering how long its going to take,

i have heard tht if immi asks to submit medical checks then that means its a positive progress, not sure though..

visa application lodged on 30th may 2016

immi asked for medical check and form 80 on 19th july submitted both on 25 july,

i have heard tht if immi asks to submit medical checks then that means its a positive progress, not sure though..

Hi Prita, I submitted form 80 on 16/06 after submission not response from immi. Still waiting

hi Prita ,

still you have to wait another month I guess.

i have submitted in June and got visa on August 2.... Don't worry you will get it ??

Dear all,

I just wonder anyone got visa 457 in SAP field while applying job from outside Australia? To be more precise, it is SAP Functional Consultant which is in IT field.

I guess it might be very tough, but if anyone gets it already, so I will have more hope and motivation to look for a job.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Minh

Archived