457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi guys,

GOOD NEWS ON FRIDAY MORNING!!!

My 457 has been granted just noW and Want to share With you my timeline.

Nomination approved 3 feb 2016

457 applied 12 feb 2016

Refused 21 march 2016

Reason: educational qualification is not relevant to nominated position.

So, I have got more qualification through RPL and add Work experience Which Was not updated last time and than re applied.

Re applied on 17 May 2016

Granted on 08 July 2016. (8 Week)

congratulations....

Any good news from anybody?

Mine still hasn't come. It's going onto 5 months from this 15th July. I am going to a leading research institute and if I had known it will take this long, I would have taken other jobs. Too much. :S

Hello folks, right after I wrote my previous msg, I took a nap. When I woke up, I saw an email and it is indeed my visa grant letter!!! So good news folks...much awaited one. Here is my timeline for those who are waiting:

nomination approval 8 march

medical and chest x Ray: 12 March

visa application lodged: 15 March

additional info requested: 16 March

additional info provided: 18 March

visa granted: 12 July

it it has been the longest waiting time yet in my whole life. Five months delay in technology research will make us ancient. DIBP should prioritize professions. Good luck to all!

Hi all, Its been more then five months waiting. Status shows “Assessment in progress”

Application submitted 05 Feb 2016

Request for more information 16 Mar 2016

Additional info received 08 Apr 2016

As my bridging visa will be end on 05 Aug 2016

I'm just a bit concerned about the processing time would take longer than before my bridging visa end.

Hi all, Its been more then five months waiting. Status shows “Assessment in progress”

Application submitted 05 Feb 2016

Request for more information 16 Mar 2016

Additional info received 08 Apr 2016

As my bridging visa will be end on 05 Aug 2016

I'm just a bit concerned about the processing time would take longer than before my bridging visa end.

Did you provide additional information for 2 times or 1 time?

Did you provide additional information for 2 times or 1 time?

Well my agency uploaded once in April. In mid June I check the status still information request, then I saw there's a button to let the officer know the updated files. I pressed the button then it changed from information request to assessment in progress. Not sure if its because the agent just uploaded the files but didn't inform the officer or what.

Well my agency uploaded once in April. In mid June I check the status still information request, then I saw there's a button to let the officer know the updated files. I pressed the button then it changed from information request to assessment in progress. Not sure if its because the agent just uploaded the files but didn't inform the officer or what.

Your MA forgot to press the button and it caused delay on the approval of visa.

Hi Laurenday,

Congrats! May I know your occupation and time frame?

I am still waiting for the nomination approval and I am getting anxious and frustrated. Anyway, here's my timeline:

May 9, 2016: Nomination lodged

June 22, 2016: Received email from DIBP to update "sponsorship component"

June 24, 2016: Submitted additional requirements

Still waiting...

From my employer's point of view, the wait is very unreasonable since this isn't the first time they sponsored/nominated someone and the company I work for is a multinational finance company. We have operations around the globe so it's technically just a internal company transfer. I am hoping we all get good news!

Hi Laurenday,

Congrats! May I know your occupation and time frame?

I am still waiting for the nomination approval and I am getting anxious and frustrated. Anyway, here's my timeline:

May 9, 2016: Nomination lodged

June 22, 2016: Received email from DIBP to update "sponsorship component"

June 24, 2016: Submitted additional requirements

Still waiting...

From my employer's point of view, the wait is very unreasonable since this isn't the first time they sponsored/nominated someone and the company I work for is a multinational finance company. We have operations around the globe so it's technically just a internal company transfer. I am hoping we all get good news!

Yes my occupation comes under hairdresser although my job title is 'executive stylist/manager'

SBS lodged 10th may

Nomination and visa lodged 17th may

SBS approved 30th may

Request for information regarding nomination which was why she wanted to employ some one from overseas 31st may

Information submitted 8th June

Nomination approval 14th july

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where abouts are you going Lauren day? I'm looking at sponsorship in hairdressing.... I have a couple of interviews in August when I visit x

I'm heading to Melbourne region, geelong!

Good luck with your interviews, have you been hairdressing long?

Qualified in 92 been doing it on and off..... more on the past couple of years, I do hair and beauty x looking at Perth side x... how did you interview?on Skype or person x

That should go in your favour having the beauty side aswell!

Strange story with my sponsorship! My husband's grandparents live in geelong, have done for nearly 30 years. She seen this job come up on Facebook and popped down to ask if she would consider me as an applicant, she gave her copies of my cv and portfolio, then we got in touch with each other, Skype interview and written interview and it's just gone from there, we talk a lot now via Facebook so it's great to have already made a connection with her! Experience is good, they struggle over there to find long term experienced hairdressers (so I've been told!)

Perth looks fab! Have you been in touch with Maurice Meade hair salon?