457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi strayadreams,

i must say I have been reading each page and comment of yours expecting the next to be confirmation you had been approved.

Your application sounds similar to mine only difference being I'm working in Oz at the moment, but application is for me my wife and 2 kids, same as you. So your story has me worried about how long mine may take!

Please keep us informed.

Thanks,

Tom

My employer in Australia has said they are seeing an average turn around of 9 weeks, its a very long time to be in visa limbo. I had no idea it would be so stressful - I read this forum and saw people complaining and worrying and to be honest I thought some were a bit over dramatic but actually after packing up a house and taking the kids out of school whilst trying to wind up my UK business and living in chaos I see the point. My friends already in Oz said it would be a few days, maybe a week or two - but that was the case when they came out over 5 years ago. More recent folk have taken the full 2 months or more and I wish I'd been prepared for it :-) Ho hum....every day is a step nearer.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just sharing an update as a few newbies on now (hello!) and those who were here when I joined have mostly had their visa's granted.

Employer Nomination approved 1st February 2016 (with me onshore)

Visa application submitted 16th February 2016 (back in UK)

More info requested 17th February 2016

More info provided 17th February 2016

Case officer allocated 17th February 2016 (Status change to 'Assessment in Progress').

Additional document request 16th March 2016 (submitted same day)

Email from case officer 7th April 2016 (just to say we know you're still waiting and we're working on it).

Bit disappointing as I'd hoped to be flying out this week. I'm from a low risk country (UK) and my application includes 1 spouse + 2 children. Its a straight forward application with no special circumstances or considerations.

What extra info did they request? They got in touch with you really fast after lodging your application, strange that it should take this long.

Read in a LinkedIn group that the current processing time is 40 working days...

What extra info did they request? They got in touch with you really fast after lodging your application, strange that it should take this long.

Read in a LinkedIn group that the current processing time is 40 working days...

I've had less than 40 days esp. as Easter Bank holiday, so it's not taking longer than normal. Just frustrating. Seems like forever!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've had less than 40 days esp. as Easter Bank holiday, so it's not taking longer than normal. Just frustrating. Seems like forever!

If the 40 day thing is correct you should have it early next week. Regardless you're LR right so your timeline should be 2 months.

I know the feeling, we are only completing our 3rd week and already feeling anxious.

Hi Folks, just wanted to share my visa timeline for myself, my husband and our son. My son was offshore during the whole process except in December where he spent Christmas with us here in Sydney.

18/12/15 - Nomination lodge

23/12/15 - Visa application lodge

28/12/15 - Medical

Sometime in February 2016 - asked for additional info from my employer

15/03/16 - Nomination approved

29/03/2016 - Visa granted!

I just want you guys to continue sharing your thoughts and experiences for others. I've been following this thread since November till now.

I wish that everyone will get what they wanted. Remember that "patience is a virtue".

Thanks guys!

Hi there, I am new to this form. That's my details

Lodged the application on 8th January

Company sponsorship approved in March. Additional documents asked in March.

Still waiting for Nomination and Visa.

What are your thoughts about processing time ?

Hi there, I am new to this form. That's my details

Lodged the application on 8th January

Company sponsorship approved in March. Additional documents asked in March.

Still waiting for Nomination and Visa.

What are your thoughts about processing time ?

Hi same as your timeline

Nom and visa ladged 27 jan

Doc requsted 7 march

Now waiting and waiting

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Hi there, I have heard that after requesting the documents, they might take up to 2 months to approve Visa. Is it true ?

I have been already waiting for long. :mad:

Hi Positive,

Have they asked for your documents or your employers documents?

I think it's all depend on your case. It won't be a long if everything is good.

Best of luck.

End of week update....

Employer nomination approved 1st Feb 2016

Visa application submitted 16th Feb 2016

No visa - Assessment in Progress for 40 days as of next Monday.

Movers coming on Monday to take the furniture for shipping so moving into temp accommodation near to the airport!

Email confirmation received from visa office, no further info required, no additional considerations, cannot give indicative timeline as applications assessed according to priority status and date received. High numbers of applications mean that non-priority may take longer than normal to process.

I have contacted my employer to see if they can do anything.

Good luck to everyone for the coming week.

End of week update....

Movers coming on Monday to take the furniture for shipping so moving into temp accommodation near to the airport!

Email confirmation received from visa office, no further info required, no additional considerations, cannot give indicative timeline as applications assessed according to priority status and date received. High numbers of applications mean that non-priority may take longer than normal to process.

its the 5th month of my visa app and 8th week of nomination..I have to be there by 29 Apr or else will lose my license to work in oz which means I automatically will lose the reason for going to Australia..i am reallllyyy very frustrated with all this..its just 14 days left only...if no news until next week, I ll consider it as a refusal of my visa..

End of week update....

That is a very risky thing. Do not assume that a visa is a done deal until you have the grant! Particularly at the moment when immi are being very picky

That is a very risky thing. Do not assume that a visa is a done deal until you have the grant! Particularly at the moment when immi are being very picky

Its fine, we have a back up plan ;-) Its a calculated risk, and we weren't willing to forfeit the sale of our house.

hey guys, been following this thread as we all seem to be in this same rocky horrible boat together!

I actually moved jobs so having my sponsorship/visa transferred to my new company. They already have everything in place to do this, but just a case of transferring it. This was lodged on the 16th Feb so we're now 9 weeks down the line - way beyond the initial suggestion of 2-4 weeks. i had a case officer assigned to my case on the 4th April but still no word

Quickly running out of money and looking like I'll have to cancel a trip planned to the UK for this Thursday - so frustrating.

hey guys, been following this thread as we all seem to be in this same rocky horrible boat together!

I actually moved jobs so having my sponsorship/visa transferred to my new company. They already have everything in place to do this, but just a case of transferring it. This was lodged on the 16th Feb so we're now 9 weeks down the line - way beyond the initial suggestion of 2-4 weeks. i had a case officer assigned to my case on the 4th April but still no word

Quickly running out of money and looking like I'll have to cancel a trip planned to the UK for this Thursday - so frustrating.

Ugh. Sounds painful. Wonder what's taking them so long. Good luck.

My file was submitted on 11 Feb 2016 but still I have no clue whats going on..... I wish someone can help on this and let us know the exact situation on processing time lines

Ugh. Sounds painful. Wonder what's taking them so long. Good luck.

Hi Nil123

I know this is going crazy.... I have never seen such delays for Australia cases. Even no information is being given out.dont know what's going on

didn't get any clue why immigration is taking this much time? waiting from 14 weeks, over the processing time given by immigration office for high risk countries.Getting frustrated now:mad:

Archived