457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no maximum time, some take less than 3 months, many take more.

If you have supplied all the required paperwork you may not ever hear from your case officer until they grant the visa.

Hi Nemesis

I finally got acknowledgement for the case. can you please tell what is acknowledgement... and what is further process and how much more time shall I expect after I get acknowledgement. Thank you

Hi. 7 weeks of 'Assessment in Progress' I'm from a low risk country, straight forward application. Employers nomination approved 1st February. I haven't been able to get through on the phone and no response to email enquiries either. I received a letter which said they would be responding within 7 days - 18 days ago. I wouldn't mind the waiting and could be more sympathetic to the process if communication wasn't so poor. We weren't going to do anything until the visa came through but our house sold quickly and the kids have finished school now so it looks like we'll have to do it the least ideal way and book flights as soon as we have a visa with only a couple of days notice. COME ON VISA.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This is tough strayadreams.... you are applying from UK? Hope you get the visa soon

I am starting to become restless

I've spoken with the department again and even the officer can't understand why my application is taking so long. Even he is puzzled what is the hold up. It is very frustrating because I have not heard anything from DIBP since the acknowledgement of my application last 15 Jan. I just don't know how they do the processing of applications. I think it's time get organised at least so the applicants know where they stand

I've spoken with the department again and even the officer can't understand why my application is taking so long. Even he is puzzled what is the hold up. It is very frustrating because I have not heard anything from DIBP since the acknowledgement of my application last 15 Jan. I just don't know how they do the processing of applications. I think it's time get organised at least so the applicants know where they stand

Did they say your application had been allocated or still in waiting for case officer allocation?

He didn't tell me anything like that. He just said that I should chase up my MA and that person can make an urgent email to the processing centre because at this point he does not know what is DIBP waiting for. I told him that is exactly how I'm feeling. If someone from their office does not know what's going on, how much more for me it's like I'm waiting for nothing.

This is tough strayadreams.... you are applying from UK? Hope you get the visa soon

I am starting to become restless

It's definitely disruptive, all this waiting. Everyday several people ask 'have you got a date yet?'. I am in the UK so can't do much else to try and find out the situation at the DIBP. There is no plan B. I guess you have to fully commit to a move like this without knowing if the visa will even be granted (I don't know why it wouldn't but that's the worry). Maybe this is part of the Adventure and in a couple of weeks I'll be in Australia and this will all be forgotten! No news is good news right? They're usually quicker to refuse a visa than grant one. [emoji4]

It's definitely disruptive, all this waiting. Everyday several people ask 'have you got a date yet?'. I am in the UK so can't do much else to try and find out the situation at the DIBP. There is no plan B. I guess you have to fully commit to a move like this without knowing if the visa will even be granted (I don't know why it wouldn't but that's the worry). Maybe this is part of the Adventure and in a couple of weeks I'll be in Australia and this will all be forgotten! No news is good news right? They're usually quicker to refuse a visa than grant one. [emoji4]

Hmmm

Maybe this is part of the Adventure and in a couple of weeks I'll be in Australia and this will all be forgotten! No news is good news right? They're usually quicker to refuse a visa than grant one. [emoji4]

That's positive thinking and we need that now :)

HI everyone

my 457 visa was been lodged 17 dic 2016

onshore , high-risk country by an MA he told to wait more

bupa checks on December

on a bringing visa now

and still waiting and be so desperate consulting every day at https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

but nothing no answer

what can i do? anything to worry about it ?

Im not really sure what you are asking about?!? You are way over the processing time. Unless there is something to doubt with your documents you should start chasing you MA...

HI everyone

my 457 visa was been lodged 17 dic 2016

onshore , high-risk country by an MA he told to wait more

bupa checks on December

on a bringing visa now

and still waiting and be so desperate consulting every day at https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

but nothing no answer

what can i do? anything to worry about it ?

Has your nomination at least been approved?

Hi Nemesis

I finally got acknowledgement for the case. can you please tell what is acknowledgement... and what is further process and how much more time shall I expect after I get acknowledgement. Thank you

someone please respond to my query as per your experiences

Archived