457 - Current processing times

tbk

They have refused the nomination. I am not sure the reason why, but I guess they were not satisfied with the further documentation provided to support the genuine position.

Very disappointed, so long waiting for a negative answer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your employer working with a registered migration agent? If not, it would be a good idea for them to engage one immediately. If they are able to submit a new nomination quickly (that addresses the reason for the original refusal), they can also request that your existing application be linked up with the new nomination which may avoid your application being refused as well. Otherwise you may all need to start from scratch.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks MaggieMay24.

The real reason why the refused the nomination was because of the job description (it included only 60% of the tasks) and because they referred to me as Assistant cafe manager.

My employer is using a MA and I stunned thinking that she did not object and just forwarded the application as it was.

Do you think that if we resubmit the nomination with the correct job description and title, it will be ok or the CO will enquire why the title and duties have been "upgraded"?

Nomination submitted with MA: 21.04.2015

Nomination Approval: 26.05.2015

Application submittted without MA: 15.06.2015 with all documents

Granted visa: 19.11.2015 ( 23 weeks) high risk country

Thanks, nomination lodged 18/10/15. No answer yet:

Visa application + Nomination Application on 27th August Nomination approved, medicals done but still no news anyone knows how much more time to wait

How long they took to approve nomination application and was it onshore or offshore.

Thanks

Just saw this thread and thought I would share my current experience with my 457 application.

My employer just lodged my nomination and visa applications on November 26th. My company has already been approved as a sponsor as they have brought many Poms to AU. When I took a holiday to Australia last winter, I stopped into our Perth office just to chat and introduce myself as a Canuck travelling across AU. We got to talking and it was suggested to me that I visit our Asia-Pacific office when I get to Sydney and meet with some key people to talk about potential employment. They were very intrigued with me as they had never sponsored a Canadian before; they said it would be a nice change from the usual Pommy onslaught of requests haha.

Based on what I've been reading, it seems that it's only talking 2 to 4 weeks for approvals. And since I'm a well educated Canadian (from a low risk country) I'm hoping this will be a quick enough process so I can be able to fly out January 8th. Here is hoping!

FYI, I had never heard of the term "Pommy" before until I traveled to Australia. We Canadians just call you guys Brits :)

just thought I'd update everyone...

457 lodged online on 30/10/2015, offshore

Approval received 27/11/15, Brisbane Office

was told by employer that turnaround time for previous applications was about 2 weeks. Not sure why mine took almost 4 weeks. Had the only single request for information such as passport, marriage, birth certs and health insurance cert. perhaps it's the end of the year...everyone's in a holiday mood? ;)

good luck to everyone else waiting!

Anyone with any updates? Things seem to have slowed down quite a bit...

just thought I'd update everyone...

457 lodged online on 30/10/2015, offshore

Approval received 27/11/15, Brisbane Office

was told by employer that turnaround time for previous applications was about 2 weeks. Not sure why mine took almost 4 weeks. Had the only single request for information such as passport, marriage, birth certs and health insurance cert. perhaps it's the end of the year...everyone's in a holiday mood? ;)

good luck to everyone else waiting!

What country did you lodge it from?

Hi pags

what is your timeline ? I had applied 457 for my brother as a cook on 07/10 (both nomination and visa) and was offshore application from high risk country. He got visa on 13/11 without asking any further documents.

Hi everyone, I also recently applied for the 457 visa with my partner included (de facto relationship). Has anyone experience whether this causes any longer processing times?

Regarding our timeline: my company applied for nomination on 18 Nov and I submitted my visa application (with partner included) on 27 Nov. So far, we didn't hear anything back. Status on the immi homepage is still on application received.

Hi all,

I have been offered a permanent teaching job in QLD. The school is sponsoring me using the 457 visa, which is also including my partner. I don't really know much else about my application because it is being dealt with by a migration officer that the school is paying for. All I know is that it was lodged on Monday 30th November. I am meant to be starting work on Monday 18th January!!! Fingers crossed that I get the visa soon so I can book flights. I have heard I can check the progress online but I don't have an immi account. And I am assuming it is set up to email the migration officer so I don't want to accidentally make all the communication go to me instead of her.. if that could be possible. I am hoping for a rapid visa grant

I have heard I can check the progress online but I don't have an immi account. And I am assuming it is set up to email the migration officer so I don't want to accidentally make all the communication go to me instead of her.. if that could be possible. I am hoping for a rapid visa grant

You can create your own ImmiAccount at any point and then ask the migration officer to "share" the application with you. They'll still be down for all correspondence, but you can see all the details of the application (and can also view said correspondence through the portal).

Archived