leaving from Glasgow, anyone used Doree Bonner?

clan mac

Hi there

Yes I used these guys from Devon and they were excellent. Nothing damaged or broken and well within the time scale. Everything beautifully packed and wrapped. Had a tiny patch of mould on the arm of one of the sofas from the humidity of the equator but I think this is because I had wrapped them in plastic then they wrapped them in paper. It wiped off easily.

The sister company at destination; Grace were very good as well

Millie

Yes, we used them and didn't rate them much. In hindsight we would have gone with an alternative.

I'm sure all companies will have those giving positive or negative reviews however(as can be seen even from this thread), and I'd imagine most shipments turn up OK or else those companies would go bust.

You'll probably be OK. If we ever relocate again, I wouldn't use them.

• 2 weeks later...

We are using Doree Bonner. Our worldly possessions have been sitting in a shipping yard in England since the beginning of December waiting to be shipped to Oz. Have not heard anything from them, so will be doing some chasing next week. Will keep you updated.

I used Crown from Edinburgh. The prices I was quoted by different companies varied a lot and Crown was not the cheapest. However, they seemed to be the most realistic and also had a strong selling point of operating in Australia. If one end of the operation is going to be outsourced, there's a lot to be said for the outsourcing being in the UK so that the company you contracted with is available (and can be sued if necessary) at your destination.

We used them I think their Nottingham branch?

I've measured all our stuff and it was well below 20m3. They came out had a look at it and said yes it's under 20m3.

They sent packing guys out who packed in stuff which I've told them not to pack. They told me to unpack it in 10 min of not they'll leave withouth all our belongings.

2 days later they rang saying its 30m3 so they need another 600 or so £.

After lots of delay and argument and 200£ extra it ended up in a warehouse somewhere waiting.

Collected from us on the 15th of August and arrived at our house in nsw on the 22nd of November.

Hi we used Doree Bonner to move from Cardiff to Australia and based on our experience would highly recommend them. We had our goods packed and stored by DB in March 2013. Our goods were shipped later in 2014 (at our request), arriving in Brisbane in October 2014. DB use a company called Grace for the AUS leg and we have had a positive experience with them too. Grace stored our goods in AUS (as our house completion was delayed) and then delivered them on 31.12.14. All our goods arrived undamaged. We found DB to be highly professional and attentive to our requirements and the staff were all friendly and very helpful. The Grace staff were all helpful and professional too. The whole experience has been positive. :smile:

We got quotes from Doree Bonner & Pickfords. Both were very professional, doing a full house visit for over an hour & seemed to know their stuff. Pickfords came back slightly cheaper & I also liked the fact that its Pickfords in the UK & Pickfords in Australia so theres no passing the blame! Get a couple of quotes tho & compare

I stand to be corrected but Pickfords in the UK have no affinity or common ownership with Pickfords in Oz. They are completely separate companies. The Pickford empire was broken up and sold off several years ago (when its parent company Sirva went into receivership) with the cavaet the new owners in each of the trading locations around the world be allowed to continue to use and market the Pickford name.

To my knowledge the only company who have the same ownership and management structure in both the UK and Oz are Crown Relo whereas all the other removers work equally as well on an agent to agent basis.

Notwithstanding the foregoing the advise to get several quotes is still very sound.

Archived