Help with 801 (permanent) partner visa

Gemtorquay

Hi there,

I was needing a few questions answered, I had my 820 visa approved in November 2012 and when filling out address details I put for any 801 visa correspondence to be sent to my father in laws house thinking we would have moved before 2 years was up....turns out we didn't move but he did and we completely forgot that we had used his as the forwarding address. I have since called up immigration who weren't very helpful and they just said send in your 801 application and you new address details....When looking at the checklist online it only gives a checklist for 820/801 visas....does this mean I send in all the same forms again or do I just send the stat decs and the supporting information.....Also I am worried if there is a deadline in which it needs to be done by, I first applied on 11th November 2012, hopefully I don't only have one month or anything crazy like that?

Anyone else submitted their 801 application recently who could give advise I would really appreciate it!

Hi there,

I was needing a few questions answered, I had my 820 visa approved in November 2012 and when filling out address details I put for any 801 visa correspondence to be sent to my father in laws house thinking we would have moved before 2 years was up....turns out we didn't move but he did and we completely forgot that we had used his as the forwarding address. I have since called up immigration who weren't very helpful and they just said send in your 801 application and you new address details....When looking at the checklist online it only gives a checklist for 820/801 visas....does this mean I send in all the same forms again or do I just send the stat decs and the supporting information.....Also I am worried if there is a deadline in which it needs to be done by, I first applied on 11th November 2012, hopefully I don't only have one month or anything crazy like that?

Anyone else submitted their 801 application recently who could give advise I would really appreciate it!

No, you shouldn't have to submit everything again. In your shoes I would ring Immigration again, with the original case number and visa number handy, explain the mix up with addrsses and if they still say submit everything again ask for a supervisor. They should look at your original file, then tell you what they want-which could be as little as a couple of stat decs and a police check. You definitely don't have to do all the forms etc again, you are only proving that you are in the same relationship, and its ongoing.

No, you shouldn't have to submit everything again. In your shoes I would ring Immigration again, with the original case number and visa number handy, explain the mix up with addrsses and if they still say submit everything again ask for a supervisor. They should look at your original file, then tell you what they want-which could be as little as a couple of stat decs and a police check. You definitely don't have to do all the forms etc again, you are only proving that you are in the same relationship, and its ongoing.

I thought the poster is applying for the 2nd stage 801 (?) partner visa after already having the temporary 820? Sorry if I am wrong, but if it's for the 2nd stage then you have to supply quite a lot again.

have just read all the requirements that my daughter has been asked for, and she and partner have to supply almost as much again as the original application for the temporary 820.

quickly from memory.

proof of bills in both names and other proof of same address

Work details

police clearance

2 statements that they are still in a committed relationship, by friends or family must be PR or citizens, witnessed and signed by JP

between 10 and 15 photos since the 820 was granted of both of them together + friends/family. Dated and details of where, plus names of the others in the photo

assurance from her partner that he is in a committed relationship.

Probably more, but as said I only had a quick read.

Start here and apply online: https://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/

Here's the checklist of documents you'll need to supply: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/_pdf/info-permanent-partner-visa.pdf

The amount of information they ask for these days is indeed very similar to the original application. They've really cracked down on the 801 lately because of too many idiots taking advantage and fraudulently saying they were still together when the time came for the 801 when they weren't.

I thought the poster is applying for the 2nd stage 801 (?) partner visa after already having the temporary 820? Sorry if I am wrong, but if it's for the 2nd stage then you have to supply quite a lot again.

have just read all the requirements that my daughter has been asked for, and she and partner have to supply almost as much again as the original application for the temporary 820.

quickly from memory.

proof of bills in both names and other proof of same address

Work details

police clearance

2 statements that they are still in a committed relationship, by friends or family must be PR or citizens, witnessed and signed by JP

between 10 and 15 photos since the 820 was granted of both of them together + friends/family. Dated and details of where, plus names of the others in the photo

assurance from her partner that he is in a committed relationship.

Probably more, but as said I only had a quick read.

Not saying that you are wrong, I'm just basing my answer on the info a well-known agent gave me last week. Ony a couple of photos, preferably with friends, the stat decs from us and friends. Aus police check, and if we are apart for any good length of time some proof of keeping in touch,like facebook screenshots. We can't get joint utility bills as the company doesn't do them, but I was told not to worry.

No need for any work details or proof of income - compared to the heap we had for the first stage its like a molehill compared to a mountain!!

I did mention reading on here about someone being asked for a mountain of photos, and was told not to worry - which is good as neither my partner nor I like having pics taken.

I guess like the first stage there is a certain amount of difference between what one case officer wants compared to another?

Archived