Optus drive me mad!

Petkula73

Does Optus make anyone else want to scream?!

I have a very specific technical error, caused by their mail server blocking my account as it's interpreting legitimate mail as spam.

I won't bore you with the details, but I've wasted more or less a whole day trying to fix the issue as their technical people are clueless.

I don't mind people not knowing the answer, but what's wound me up is being referred to a third party (without telling me) who tried to charge me $95 an hour for some basic desktop troubleshooting. Lost my rag a bit at this - why should I be expected to pay for something I've already paid for?

I know exactly what the issue is, and how they need to fix it, but it's impossible to get hold of anyone not reading from a script.

Wouldn't mind if the service was either cheap or reliable but it's neither. 100Mb broadband connection that rarely gets above 10Mb, intermittent outages for no apparent reason and all for a "bargain bundle" of $110 a month. For that we get a crappy, slow broadband, a home phone we use once a month and a really piss-poor Optus Fetch TV box.

Contract ends in Feb - anyone recommend something better, or are they all as useless?!?

Time for a cold beer.

Optus all the way, been with them 12yrs, Telstra customer service is horrendous, Optus area coverage is a lot better then it used to be !!!

how would you know then ?

No they are good now, improved alot over the last few years.

Also when your system works you don't need much customer service.

I actually got great customer service from TPG the one time I had an issue, not only did I talk to an Aussie, he knew what he was talking about and an engineer was dispatched the next day to fix it.

Was very surprising because at TPG prices I was expecting awful customer service

Optus all the way, been with them 12yrs, Telstra customer service is horrendous, Optus area coverage is a lot better then it used to be !!!

Telstra was bad when Jesus played full back for Jerusalem. That was quite a while ago...................

I have Telstra 100mb cable and it's always over 100mb tested speed (normally about 110mb down and 2mb up, Fairfield). The one time I had to support they were good, did some speed tests and tuning over the lines and speed jumped right back up again. But $100 a month. And then an extra $20 to remove the artificial speed cap from 20mb to 100?! Seems way more expensive than it was in the UK, but then I didn't get cable broadband there.

Archived