Reapplying for 820 visa

Susan Fiech

Last year I was made redundant from my job on a 457 visa, so had 90 days to apply for another visa or get another sponsor. So we had to apply for the 820 partner visa. This was rejected in August due to not living together for a full year from the date of application. (I thought it was 6 months) I managed to get another sponsor however have been made redundant again, therefore need to reapply for the partner visa, (another 5k) this time we have been living together over a year and have the evidence, however does this mean I need to get all my documents ie passport, birth certificate etc certified again or will the date that they were certified at the beginning of the year be ok? I know I will hag to redo medical and police checks, that's fine.

also will I have to get my stat decs redone by the same people and certified?

I appreciate any help :)

thanks

I'm not sure if they need to be redone, but I'd probably get them redone anyway to be on the safe side. It also gives the individuals writing them the opportunity to provide any updated information (e.g. if they comment about seeing you recently together as an obviously genuine couple, etc.)

Last year I was made redundant from my job on a 457 visa, so had 90 days to apply for another visa or get another sponsor. So we had to apply for the 820 partner visa. This was rejected in August due to not living together for a full year from the date of application. (I thought it was 6 months) I managed to get another sponsor however have been made redundant again, therefore need to reapply for the partner visa, (another 5k) this time we have been living together over a year and have the evidence, however does this mean I need to get all my documents ie passport, birth certificate etc certified again or will the date that they were certified at the beginning of the year be ok? I know I will hag to redo medical and police checks, that's fine.

thanks

There is not requirement to live together for a year, or for any other set period.

If you have been refused a partner visa onshore section 48 will prevent you from applying for another one onshore unless you hold a substantive visa.

In all the circumstances you have described, you would be probably well advised to run your case past a registered migration agent before you lodge again.

I am currently still on my 457 Untill 2016, the visa was rejected as they did not believe we were in a defacto relationship 1 year prior to the application. However we had been. And we have now also been living together for over a year, I hope this means we can reapply, I did email a migration company and they said I could reapply?

I am currently still on my 457 Untill 2016, the visa was rejected as they did not believe we were in a defacto relationship 1 year prior to the application. However we had been. And we have now also been living together for over a year, I hope this means we can reapply, I did email a migration company and they said I could reapply?

My advice stands.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks

I am a bit worried that my Visa will be declined as my partner and I were not living together for 12 months. Can you withdraw and then reapply? I guess it would be a case of me getting a substanative visa to enable to me reapply right?

I applied in May 2014 and have not been assigned my Case Officer yet.

Archived