20 ft container for my van to Brisbane £1150.00

bettyboo

I have a quote from George Baker shipping to have a single use 20ft container for my long wheel base van which means all my tools racking etc can stay in and i can load up on a few bits. 2 things it seems to cheap and secondly i am going to take a box of crisps, Colemans mustard, pot noodles, chocolate etc and will put it on the declaration form. Some people say don't but i have posted various boxes to my wife and daughters with food items with absolutely no problems. Any thoughts ?

Hi there

I own my own logistics business and own my own warehouse in Felixstowe and I am pretty sure I could save you money on that if you wanted to discuss a bit more?

I am in the process of applying for residency to Aus and am really keen to up my business on the Aus trade to enable opening an office in Brisbane a little easier !

PM me if of interest as I could help you and save you some money and you could help me :)

Thanks

My understanding is that you need include all items in the container/shipment, on the declaration. Processed/wrapped food stuff usually isn't a problem but you do need to tell them it's there!

EDIT: read your post again and if you're asking if you can include food in your container, yes I think you can, as long as declared etc.

Have you also added in the various import fees and duties to your costings?

also at that price have you a guarantee of when it will arrive in Australia, you can add weeks onto that for customs, compliance etc too. Can you be without tools for that long?

Or indeed mustard??

Archived