Cost of living in Sydney v's Melbourne

Guest nicko1980

Guest nicko1980

Hi Guys,

I have been to both Melbourne and Sydney as a tourist but am going to be taking the plunge next year and move to Oz, which city though is yet undecided. I will be able to take with me around £70k once I have sold my property but need some advice on general cost of living, house prices, food, taxes etc..in both of the cities.

Has any one got any helpful advice on costs in both cities as I want to try and make what money I do have go as far as possible....?

Thanks

:spinny:

Guest Pinhead
Hi Guys,

I have been to both Melbourne and Sydney as a tourist but am going to be taking the plunge next year and move to Oz, which city though is yet undecided. I will be able to take with me around £70k once I have sold my property but need some advice on general cost of living, house prices, food, taxes etc..in both of the cities.

Has any one got any helpful advice on costs in both cities as I want to try and make what money I do have go as far as possible....?

Thanks

:spinny:

Your decision on where to live shouldn't be predominately based upon the cost of living but rather on how much you like the place and other factors that make the city appealing to you (transport, education, environment,etc).

Moving and adapting to Oz it a tough enough process without you feeling that you've settled for second best on financial grounds. Personally I'd opt for a slightly smaller property rather than compromising on the location.

Archived