Let's talk Pants!!! (or men's trousers to be precise)

JonnyMac

Hi all,

I've recently arrived in Melbourne and have found a job. I went out today to buy some work trousers, however everywhere I went, Country Road, Gazman only stocked trousers in a regular leg length. I need a long leg length.

This is driving me crazy, I just assumed that everywhere would stock different leg lengths, you know, 'cos people have different heights ;)

Does anyone have any recommendations? High Street or Online

Thanks

Jonny

Order from m & s and stick 2 fingers up to Australian retailers. It's one of the things that pisses me off as they charge a fortune for trousers then charge you again to cut the bottoms off. It's one of the things you have to get used to I'm afraid. I don't buy anything from a shop or Aussie website unless I have to.

Care to share the retailers you're referring to?

Too many to mention. Denims always come in different lengths as well but maybe they aren't 'pants'?

If you aren't too worried about super quality BigW, Kmart do some decent chino type work pants. Just Jeans are pretty good and do the same type of pants in different leg lengths, their own brand are OK, usually in blue, black or a cream colour. I would be a bit worried about buying pants on-line, I like to try mine on as each brand seems to be a different fit. No good having the leg length right if the waist is baggy, legs too tight loose etc.

If you want something decent try Myers or David Jones. I got some really nice ones from there. There is just as much selection here as the UK, in all price ranges, just a matter of knowing where to go.

I can get away with shorts here for most of the year.:cool:

Ive always struggled top find 30" short leg jeans and trousers here. Usually end up stocking up my suitcase from the UK and more recently M & S on line

Archived