Where Did You Stay When You First Arrived

kirstyc822

Hi There,

My apologies if this has been asked before!

We (myself, husband and two year old daughter) had our visas granted, and are planning on booking our flights to Brisbane. :ssign19: We plan on booking a holiday rental for 3 weeks and have checked out the Brisbane Holiday Village. Has anyone any experience of staying here or can you recommend anywhere else? We are planning on checking out North Lakes and surrounding suburbs to secure a long term rental.

Thanks in advance

Kirsty :hug:

Edited by kirstyc822

Airbnb did the job for us, from rooms to entire houses. We have used it 3 times and always has done the job without any issue.

We we have not been to but drove through (via Bruce Highway to Sunny Coast) North Lakes, seemed a long way out of the city!

S

Airbnb did the job for us, from rooms to entire houses. We have used it 3 times and always has done the job without any issue.

We we have not been to but drove through (via Bruce Highway to Sunny Coast) North Lakes, seemed a long way out of the city!

S

It always surprises me how far out North Lakes is when I head to the Sunny Coast. I probably would never bother going into Brisbane if i lived out there

Hi There,

My apologies if this has been asked before!

We (myself, husband and two year old daughter) had our visas granted, and are planning on booking our flights to Brisbane. :ssign19: We plan on booking a holiday rental for 3 weeks and have checked out the Brisbane Holiday Village. Has anyone any experience of staying here or can you recommend anywhere else? We are planning on checking out North Lakes and surrounding suburbs to secure a long term rental.

Thanks in advance

Kirsty :hug:[/QUOT

Personally I think a holiday village is a good base to start as you can generally extend your stay without any problems if need be .we stayed in ashmore palms as we wanted to go to the gold coast , brisbane holiday village Im sure will be ideal if your wanting to settle in brisbane ... we used our address in the holiday village for our drivers licence , medicare , job applications and also used them as a reference for our first rental .they were extremely helpful and even kept our personal mail pigeoned holed for us to collect after we left

Hi Beddy,

Thank you for the reply, you make a great point about using the holiday village as our address. As we are planning on staying for 3 weeks this should be enough time to sort out our drivers licence, medicare, job applications etc. We have looked at holiday apartments but with an almost 3 year old we feel a holiday village will be a good start for us, looks fun and friendly!

I know of a few familys that stayed in the same holiday village as us when they arrived and all managed to get everything up and running during there stay ,three weeks should be ample time ..securing a rental that suits you is probably the hardest task at the beginng along with a job ;) but the rest is very straight forward ..thing is you can just try extend your stay if a suitable rental is not found ..I would ask when booking your 3 weeks about extensions for a heads up ..as that is what we did and we just paid week to week until our rental was ready .we stayed in what they class as a long term rental .. It was very dated lol but heaps cheaper and meant we could save the price difference to pay for other things .they are not for everyone lol but we figured as it was only for a short term we were prepared to downgrade to save some funds as during the settling in period n buying the necessaries until your shipment arrives and securing jobs (if you coming like us without one) your bank balance gets an hammering ;)

I too like Beddy stayed at Ashmore Palms holiday village. I pre booked 4 weeks and so although once here I secured a rental within about 10 days I stayed the full time at Ashmore whilst I waited for furniture to be delivered. It was a lovely 2 bed portacabin style home, big enough for me and my 16 year old. It also allowed us to to use this address for medicare, driving licences, my nursing reg and a reference for renting!

We stayed at Brisbane Holiday Village on our reccy, it's not bad at all. Good location for getting around and accommodation is well equipped but a little small. Good first base as it has a pool, put put, nice field, So will give you a bit of a holiday feel as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fourcandles,

We have went for the Brisbane holiday village. Booked 4 weeks to get a good feel for our surroundings. We will be checking out North lakes and surrounding, will all depend on where we can find work I suppose. we are fully prepared to move around and find rentals until we settle in work, all part of the fun!