Which are the best and worst suburbs in Toowoomba?

garyjames

Hi all,

If you had to grade and rank each suburb in Toowoomba, which suburbs would be at the top and which at the bottom of the hierarchy?

As an aside - and I probably risk getting absolutely roasted by forum members for stating this - but I want to avoid living near public housing.

All advise will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gary

G'day mate, never lived there, but have passed through many, many times in the last 40 years and the ones I like are Kearney Spring, Highfields (except for the 'hill' in winter) and Cotswold Hills, in the west.

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Gary

Toowoomba is expanding at quite a rapid rate with lots of infrastructure projects such as the Range Toowoomba Bypass and the continuing expansion of Wellcamp Airport, as a result of these projects there are likely to be new suburbs created around the outskirts of Toowoomba.

Bobj mentioned Highfields, I wouldn't call it Toowoomba, its a small town in it's own right and is about a 20 minute drive North. We have friends there and I agree it is lovely, only drawback is the internet, the network up there is at capacity and with the roll-out of the National Broadband Network, Telstra will not be upgrading existing systems. So if you were looking at moving into a property on Honeyeater Drive for instance, you wouldn't be able to get internet. The brand new builds though have to have it from the outset.

If you have little ones, please check if the state schools you desire are catchment controlled, there are a few and they are the best ones in the city which is why we live where we do.

I rent a four bed property in Middle Ridge to the South which is beautiful, and if I had the money to buy a place outright, my top five places to buy would be;

1. Middle Ridge

2. Kearneys Spring

3. Centenary Heights

4. Rangeville

5. Highfields

The five I would avoid; (I would be accused of all sorts of non-politically correct behaviour if I was to tell you why!)

1. Newtown

2. Wilsonton

3. Harlaxton

4. Rockville

5. Mount Lofty

We have found that social/bogan housing is located more prevalently in Rockville, Wilsonton and within a mile of the CBD. (I'll probably get slated for that, but just being honest)

Archived