TRA Assessment Cook/Chief

mazharmh

Hi,

I have completed my Diploma in Hospitality and also Cert III ,IV in commercial cookery , i came to know that chief is in SOL list . and i need to get TRA Positive assessment as Chief to apply for PR.

i really don't have any idea about Assessment process and possibilities.

Pls advice

Thanks Jack

I Just finished my course last month , from last 4 months working in India Restaurant as need to have 360 hours of experience

for Temporary Residence . and need more information on full skill assessment procedure and possibilities????

lastly i have my four year bachelor from india (Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and communication) can i claim 15 Points for my bachelor degree and do i need to get this degree assessed by engineering Australia

Thanks Jack and danny:)

Both are in SOL and CSOL list , and just wann apply as COOK and to just get 15 points for my bachelor do i need get assessment or its ok if submit my bachelor Degree

thanks

If your degree is accepted as comparable to an Australian degree, you can claim 15 points for it even if it is in no way related to your nominated occupation. A 4 year Bachelor degree from India is probably acceptable but hopefully someone else will come along to confirm that. If it needs to be assessed, I don't think you would need a full assessment from EA. If TRA can't provide an opinion on the non related qualification, you should contact VETASSESS.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration/General-Occupations/Fees-and-Payment See Points Test Advice only (for applicants with non-VETASSESS Occupations)

The occupation of Cook is not on the SOL - it is only on the CSOL so is only eligible for employer and state sponsored visas. Only Chef is on the SOL and therefore eligible for a 189 Independent visa if that is the visa you have in mind. Check the TRA Job Ready requirements for skills assessment information:

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/JobReady/Pages/default.aspx Job Ready

If your degree is accepted as comparable to an Australian degree, you can claim 15 points for it even if it is in no way related to your nominated occupation.

oh, i didn't know that! I might be eligible to apply independent if I knew this 2 years ago!

This is good news for some people to try to get PR with different occupation :)

What i know is that before you receive an invitation, you must have had your skills assessed as suitable for your occupation by an assessing authority for your nominated occupation.

So even if you can claim 15 points for a degree and have 60 points, will you be able to get invited to apply for 189,190 visa without claiming points for the years of work experience?

Thanks areque

First step for me now is to get full assessment either as chief/cook

As chief in SOL need get 60 points

And

Cook in CSOL need 15 points

As i am working Indian Restarant dont know possibility of positive assessment of either skill

Pls advice

Thanks

Hi i am done with Cert III , IV and Diploma in Hospitality and as this year chief added in SOL , i need to get my skill assessment to apply PR either State Nomination or 190,189 direct PR , before that i need to To apply 485(Temperey Residence)

I have few qureys

Questions

1. Can i apply for TR on Diploma?

2. Can i apply for TR on basis of my Cook experince ?

3. As Chief in SOL , only i can apply TR on chief and get my full skill assessmen only as chief?

4. Can i apply TR as cook to get skill assessment as cook and apply State Sponsorship?

5. After getting TR, can apply for both Cook and chief skill assessment?

6. Is it good to go with 457/RSMS??

Thanks

Hi i am done with Cert III , IV and Diploma in Hospitality and as this year chief added in SOL , i need to get my skill assessment to apply PR either State Nomination or 190,189 direct PR , before that i need to To apply 485(Temperey Residence)

I have few qureys

Questions

1. Can i apply for TR on Diploma?

2. Can i apply for TR on basis of my Cook experince ?

3. As Chief in SOL , only i can apply TR on chief and get my full skill assessmen only as chief?

4. Can i apply TR as cook to get skill assessment as cook and apply State Sponsorship?

5. After getting TR, can apply for both Cook and chief skill assessment?

6. Is it good to go with 457/RSMS??

Thanks

1. Depends on which stream of the 485 you can apply under. If you were granted your first student visa to Australia before 5 November 2011, you can apply for a 485 as a Chef (not as a cook) under the Graduate work stream even with only a diploma. If you were granted your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011, you cannot apply under the Post-Study Work stream with only a diploma.

2. Cook and Chef are not considered by DIBP to be 'closely related' occupations. You can't nominate one of those occupations and claim experience gained working as the other.

3. See 1.

4. See 1 re TR. If a state is sponsoring Cooks, you can apply for skills assessment as a Cook in order to apply for state sponsorship.

5. Again, whether you can get a 485 depends on 1. You can apply for skills assessment for either occupation but if you can't get a 485, you may not be able to stay in Australia to do so.

6. Many people go the 457/RSMS route and it works well for them. The question is always whether your employer will be willing to sponsor you for the RSMS after the 457. Some say they will do so and then renege on the promise while others do the right thing and follow through with the RSMS. Depends on the employer and your relationship with them.

1. Depends on which stream of the 485 you can apply under. If you were granted your first student visa to Australia before 5 November 2011, you can apply for a 485 as a Chef (not as a cook) under the Graduate work stream even with only a diploma. If you were granted your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011, you cannot apply under the Post-Study Work stream with only a diploma.

2. Cook and Chef are not considered by DIBP to be 'closely related' occupations. You can't nominate one of those occupations and claim experience gained working as the other.

3. See 1.

4. See 1 re TR. If a state is sponsoring Cooks, you can apply for skills assessment as a Cook in order to apply for state sponsorship.

5. Again, whether you can get a 485 depends on 1. You can apply for skills assessment for either occupation but if you can't get a 485, you may not be able to stay in Australia to do so.

6. Many people go the 457/RSMS route and it works well for them. The question is always whether your employer will be willing to sponsor you for the RSMS after the 457. Some say they will do so and then renege on the promise while others do the right thing and follow through with the RSMS. Depends on the employer and your relationship with them.

Hi Ozmaniac

I spoke with one of MARA registerd agent about TR application and

He told , i can apply, as chef is In SOL

To be assessed as a chef by the TRA you need at least a cert III in commercial cookery, plus 7 years experience in a commercial kitchen and be working in senior role, ie chef de partie and above. To even be assessed as a cook with only 360 hours of experience behind you, could be tough.

You will need to prove your employment through payslips etc, and give very detailed job descriptions. It is not an easy process, and can be very costly!

Archived