......traffic jams......

Guest241083

......read an interesting article....

.......http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2014/sep/12/ban-car-ownership-public-transport-alan-whitehead

.......and wondered what others ideas were for this problem.......do you agree with the above....

.......many complain about road congestion......

.......the hours it takes to get anywhere.........especially peak times....

.......what's the answer.......?

.......your suggestion....

......thanks fish......!

......brilliant videos.........with a solution.........when practicle.........

......hills would be a problem in other places I suspect.....

e-Bikes are booming in many cities...the people who e-Bike the large hills here in inner brisbane zoom past us with little effort...they are a really good option...

Here's the ladies version of the Gazelle eBikes that use the new Bosch motor that sits mid-bike rather that at the back hub. You get more torque compared to the equivalent hub motor. Great for hills. This model is sold in Australia.

Gazelle_Fuente_EM_D.ashx?mh=400&mw=600

Source: http://www.gazelle.nl/collectie/elektrische-fietsen/2014/fuente-em#

And the gents:

A0868%20OrangeC7%20HM_H.ashx?mh=400&mw=600

Source: http://www.gazelle.nl/collectie/elektrische-fietsen/2014/orange-c7-plus-hybrid-m?type=men

We used to be part of a share car scheme when we were living in London and it was a great alternative for owning a car. I did own a car when I lived in Surrey and that was simply down to the fact that there were zero public transport options to get to and from work.

Here in Brisbane we own a car but we could very likely get away without it as we tend to catch the bus or walk most places, just need the share car schemes to take off here.

We used to be part of a share car scheme when we were living in London and it was a great alternative for owning a car. I did own a car when I lived in Surrey and that was simply down to the fact that there were zero public transport options to get to and from work.

Here in Brisbane we own a car but we could very likely get away without it as we tend to catch the bus or walk most places, just need the share car schemes to take off here.

Yes, you might know about GoGet in Brisbane but it hasn't spread from the inner city yet...

good nationalised transport schemes that are extremely cheap (like non profit) will likely work in the uk.

here in Melbourne there's no chance, people generally just love their cars too much, it's a cultural thing.

big news here in Melbourne atm is the new freeway linking the east and west of the city.

the suburbs are expanding, the infrastructure is heaving trying to keep up.

no thought of the ramifications of that, it's a 'we want to travel so more roads more more more' mentality.

the continuing costs, both in upkeep, health and the environment are huge when compared to a good public transit network, but i guess the profits may not be as much.

good nationalised transport schemes that are extremely cheap (like non profit) will likely work in the uk.

here in Melbourne there's no chance, people generally just love their cars too much, it's a cultural thing.

big news here in Melbourne atm is the new freeway linking the east and west of the city.

the suburbs are expanding, the infrastructure is heaving trying to keep up.

no thought of the ramifications of that, it's a 'we want to travel so more roads more more more' mentality.

the continuing costs, both in upkeep, health and the environment are huge when compared to a good public transit network, but i guess the profits may not be as much.

the hard push for the east west link over new rail is more about the govt in charge atm though rather than being a universal decision...

Archived