Sydney Hills District get-together

Anyone out there fancy getting together for drinks one night - our place, kids welcome. Boards are packed full of Brizzy & Perth Poms, so it'd be nice to find out where the Sydneyites are and get to meet some of you. I'm thinking 3rd May, 6.30-7pm. Who can make it?

Hi.....................Thanks for that....................Great idea! however.............no flights booked yet because of personal Family Circumstances BUT IF we are able to fly on 30th April as we had planned then would love to get together........................was beginning to feel like a "Billy No Mates" so nice to know someone will be in our Area! Cheers!

Brilliant....what part of Sydney are you heading to?

Hi.....................Thanks for that....................Great idea! however.............no flights booked yet because of personal Family Circumstances BUT IF we are able to fly on 30th April as we had planned then would love to get together........................was beginning to feel like a "Billy No Mates" so nice to know someone will be in our Area! Cheers!

Nope, fraid not!

Hills District is Castle Hill, Pennant Hills, Baulkham Hills etc. Located north-east of Sydney. It's the 'family' suburb. Big modern houses, bushland, brilliant schools, clean air, low crime, mostly professional people. There are downsides...PM me for more info.

NSW (obviously lol)..................Eastern Suburbs.................Have a "short term let" in Alexandria for 8 weeks only and then hoping to do a "reccie" on the other Areas! Will that be anywhere near you?

Guest Dave,claire,mia

Hi

We are actually looking at the Hills District to move to when (if) we get into Oz- application has been sent off this week so it will be a waiting game now. Just want to know what, in your opinion, is a nice area to live in the hills district, the houses look gorg. At the moment there is me, my partner Dave and our daughter Mia (2).

Cheers

Clairexx

:spinny:

Castle Hill is the centre of the Hills District. It has major shops, cinemas etc. Buses go to the city, Parramatta etc. Baulkham Hills is older, slightly downmarket. Cherrybrook is very Asian (Chinese) but has massive houses. Pennant Hills is really getting out of the Hills District somewhat but is on train line. Rouse Hill is massive new development - huge shops, nice parks being developed but it's another 10-15 mins out away from the city. Kellyville, has old and new and is a sort of 'inbetweeny'. Kenthurst, Glenhaven are more rural areas if you fancy a horse, chooks and goats...although everyone seems to own a ruddy alpaca out there!!!

Train line is planned to run through Castle Hill (but they've been planning it a mighty long time!!!). Schools in Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, Pennant Hills are best. Kellyville OK. Baulkham Hills would go to Crestwood High which is OK. Catholic schools are in Castle Hill. Two primary Catholic schools there also.

PM me if you want more info. quote=Dave,claire,mia;224297]Hi

We are actually looking at the Hills District to move to when (if) we get into Oz- application has been sent off this week so it will be a waiting game now. Just want to know what, in your opinion, is a nice area to live in the hills district, the houses look gorg. At the moment there is me, my partner Dave and our daughter Mia (2).

Cheers

Clairexx

:spinny:

Guest shopping jo jo

We are not heading out until August but great to know lots of friendly and sociable people! Once out, I will drop a post to see if anything similar going on.

Looking forward to meeting all the Sydneyites!

Jo

• 9 months later...

Archived