RRV refusal

rudra81

Hi,

At present i am in very complicated situation and fuond this forum online to get some help. I am from India and My offshore RRV got rejected currnetly with a reason that my case officer could not found satisfactory compelling reasons of my overstay. I completed my post graduation study from Australia and got PR in 2006. I was working with Queensland governement till 2008. In november 2008 i decided to come back India due to personal reason as my mother was seriously ill. At that time i had to stay in India to take care of her as an only child. I was not aware of the rule that if i do not travel within five year my PR will expire. When i realise this my PR was expired. Later on in Nov2013 i found out from DIMIA website that i can apply for RRV offshore. I applied for RRV and got approved in Nov2013. I visited australia in Feb2014 and discovered to start business of money exchange with one of my family friends. I decided to come back india to arrange for financial backup for my business and applied for RRV again. That RRV was approved too. However, Due to personal reasons I could not make it to returned australia within stated time period as i had to cancelled my air ticket at the very last moment. So I put offline RRV from new delhi third time in July2014. Two weeks before i received letter from australian high commission that case officer is not satisfied with my compelling reasons of overstay. Now i am at very complicated situation as i have quit my job here to relocate in austalia. It will be much appreciated if any one can guide me for my next step. Is there any other way i can get my RRV as i can not apply offshore from the same office. How can i proceed further to regain RRV. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rudra.

Hi,

At present i am in very complicated situation and fuond this forum online to get some help. I am from India and My offshore RRV got rejected currnetly with a reason that my case officer could not found satisfactory compelling reasons of my overstay. I completed my post graduation study from Australia and got PR in 2006. I was working with Queensland governement till 2008. In november 2008 i decided to come back India due to personal reason as my mother was seriously ill. At that time i had to stay in India to take care of her as an only child. I was not aware of the rule that if i do not travel within five year my PR will expire. When i realise this my PR was expired. Later on in Nov2013 i found out from DIMIA website that i can apply for RRV offshore. I applied for RRV and got approved in Nov2013. I visited australia in Feb2014 and discovered to start business of money exchange with one of my family friends. I decided to come back india to arrange for financial backup for my business and applied for RRV again. That RRV was approved too. However, Due to personal reasons I could not make it to returned australia within stated time period as i had to cancelled my air ticket at the very last moment. So I put offline RRV from new delhi third time in July2014. Two weeks before i received letter from australian high commission that case officer is not satisfied with my compelling reasons of overstay. Now i am at very complicated situation as i have quit my job here to relocate in austalia. It will be much appreciated if any one can guide me for my next step. Is there any other way i can get my RRV as i can not apply offshore from the same office. How can i proceed further to regain RRV. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rudra.

So this was your third RRV application? You didn't expect to be able to keep getting them forever did you. By all means consult an agent but I expect this ship has sailed now and y will need to apply again from the beginning.

Can you do an about turn and get your job back as a first step? That'll give you a bit more time and then talk to a registered agent about any options you may have.

A return resident visa costs $400, and brand new PR application would cost over $4,000. Not to mention the effort involved. That would be reason enough for me.

A return resident visa costs $400, and brand new PR application would cost over $4,000. Not to mention the effort involved. That would be reason enough for me.

Well obviously nobody would apply for a new visa without trying the RRV, but OP has had two of these already and has now been declined for a third. So has to consider other options.

Archived