457 to PR visa ENS boss may not help the whole family !!!!!

leedskev

My family and i moved over on a 457 based on my work.I am approaching 50 (Nov this year) and my employer is putting me through for a PR Visa.However he is undecided as to whether or not he is going to put my family through as well.I obviously do not want to get it done if my family are unable to get one So my question is Am i able to do it for them after mine is done or does it have to happen the same time due to my age ??

Your employer sponsors you for the permanent visa but YOU make the visa application and can include your family without needing permission from anyone. They may refuse to pay the Visa Application Charge for your family members but that's par for the course. Many people (probably most in fact) pay the full VAC (even their own) for the permanent visa as there is no requirement for the employer to do anything more than sponsor/nominate you and undertake that they will employ you for another 2 years.

You have no choice than to have them included on the application as their 457 visas are reliant on yours with the sponsor. Once the 186 is granted this overrides the 457 if still valid and not on bridging visa therefore they would become unlawful in Australia. Then the sponsor would be liable for all cost incurred for them to leave Australia.

By including them on your visa application once it is granted all the employers obligations no longer exist. Sounds like he has not been informed very well.

think it sounds like he does not want to pay the visa application changes to include them, but many people pay own visa application charge for PR employer sponsored visas.

My family and i moved over on a 457 based on my work.I am approaching 50 (Nov this year) and my employer is putting me through for a PR Visa.However he is undecided as to whether or not he is going to put my family through as well.I obviously do not want to get it done if my family are unable to get one So my question is Am i able to do it for them after mine is done or does it have to happen the same time due to my age ??

This is not logical, there is no downside to putting your family on the visa and you would have to declare them anyway. Well the only downside is cost and you would just pay this yourself anyway.

And you do need to get a wriggle on and make sure this is in before November..

Thanks for all your replies .All taken on board and will put this too my boss again.I had already explained these answers to him but will talk to him again,but as fellow visa holders know (especially 457 holders) bosses are not always helpful .Thanks once again and hope to post a good result :smile:

Thanks for all your replies .All taken on board and will put this too my boss again.I had already explained these answers to him but will talk to him again,but as fellow visa holders know (especially 457 holders) bosses are not always helpful .Thanks once again and hope to post a good result :smile:

If you're paying the VACs for your family out of your own pocket, your boss has NOTHING to do with it. He doesn't even need to know that you're including them on your application though I can't imagine why he would care one way or the other. It costs him nothing and, as others have said, it saves him the expense of repatriating them.

If you're paying the VACs for your family out of your own pocket, your boss has NOTHING to do with it.

Not the case unfortunately.

Any secondary applicant included in the visa application must have also be included in the nomination application.

The nomination application is lodged by the company, so they have the final say on who will be included.

Not the case unfortunately.

Any secondary applicant included in the visa application must have also be included in the nomination application.

The nomination application is lodged by the company, so they have the final say on who will be included.

Thanks Raul - I didn't realise that.

Archived