I have no words!!

Wellers and Whitehead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727063/Sydney-Cafe-owner-admits-told-Australian-citizen-job-black.html

I feel a bit sorry for the Chinese owner as its likely to impact on his business/visa/finances following this discrimination....but what was he thinking?? Crazy levels of discrimination, especially as the guy had nine years barista experience!

There aren't many things that makes me mad but this is sickening. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the cafe owner. This sort of behaviour is a disgrace and has no place in society at all.

I'm pleased that the cafe patrons voted with their feet and showed support, it shows that most people aren't afraid to stand with those who have been the victim of such a thing.

I genuinely hope that the cafe owner is arrested, has the book thrown at him and then deported.

Oh my- can you imagine the reaction if he'd been a white anglo-Saxon? Probably would have ended up in jail with his fingernails being ripped out by the mob.

But then an Anglo Australian would more than likely not broadcast the fact. Usual comment would be "I'll let you know", to which no word of course ever comes. Hardly compatible to a newly arrived migrant from a non pc country to know, I suppose. I don't expect he'll make the same mistake twice.

There aren't many things that makes me mad but this is sickening. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the cafe owner. This sort of behaviour is a disgrace and has no place in society at all.

I'm pleased that the cafe patrons voted with their feet and showed support, it shows that most people aren't afraid to stand with those who have been the victim of such a thing.

I genuinely hope that the cafe owner is arrested, has the book thrown at him and then deported.

I think more should be done to ascertain the suitability of potential migrants with their ability to accept diversity before given leave of entry into Australia. Hardly only Chinese, but a number of Brit's (some on here) South Africans and basically from where ever need to be aware of the realities of modern Australia and what they are coming into and the rapidly changing future ahead.

The café owner should be given a chance in my view as hardly something he'd repeat in public and you can't legislate against thinking. Just attempt to promote awareness and acceptable behaviour through education and testing suitability of future migrants to ensure as far as possible come with liberal attitudes.

Good on the customers and good on the guy for calling it out. ,proving australia is not the racist hell hole some like to imagine . If I was the guy i'd open a Brazilian themed coffee bar , make the most of the publicity and watch business flourish .

I think more should be done to ascertain the suitability of potential migrants with their ability to accept diversity before given leave of entry into Australia. Hardly only Chinese, but a number of Brit's (some on here) South Africans and basically from where ever need to be aware of the realities of modern Australia and what they are coming into and the rapidly changing future ahead.

The café owner should be given a chance in my view as hardly something he'd repeat in public and you can't legislate against thinking. Just attempt to promote awareness and acceptable behaviour through education and testing suitability of future migrants to ensure as far as possible come with liberal attitudes.

There has been some racism debate on the news in the UK in the past few days, caused by some text messages/emails sent by the former Cardiff City FC manager, Malky Mckay. Most people talking about this have agreed that education is the key to combatting racist behaviour in all it's ugly forms, whether it be just an attempt at humour (as seen a few posts above this one) or pure racist hate.

The problem with this isn't just where somebody comes from, it's also a generation thing.

I remember hearing my grandmother talking about other races like they were a different species. There was no malice or hate in what she said, but her generation grew up witnessing the mass migration to the uk from all corners of the globe and by virtue of this it must have had greatly affected the society in which she lived.

Which brings me to mildly alter my previous statement. The cafe owner was clearly brought up in a different culture and is 'older' (as was my grandmother) so maybe I was a bit harsh in my earlier post. I still cannot condone his actions, but maybe deporting and 'throwing the book at him' would be pushing it too far. Education is what this man needs, a knowledge of the diversity of the country and the people that live within.

The number of people that walk down the street and notice the colour of someone's skin rather than just recognising them as 'another person on the street' is reducing, and that is a great thing, and definitely something a society should be proud of.

Off topic I know but followed this link and am now getting pop up adds about moving to Brazil. Dontcha just love how the Internet works?

A lot better than the pop ups I got from dating sites.... my wife saw it on my internet history.....took me a while to get her down off the ceiling.

Archived