186 ENS Temporary Residence Transition

Hi all - hope you are doing well.

I have a few questions regarding the ENS 186 Temporary Residence Transition Scheme – apologies if they have been answered here already but a number of Google searches and looking through the site have yielded nothing…

Any help would be great appreciated, to begin with, my situation:

Been in Australia for over three years on a 457, from the UK originally - my employer will be nominating me for an ENS 186 shortly, annoying as can't look through online application until get nomination number.

My questions:

1) How easy is this to do on your own? Have people generally found it OK or used a migration agent?

2) Do I need to fill out a form 80 generally for this Visa (see below)?

3) I have my ACPO (UK Police Check) and AFP check done -

However my ACPO shows a caution from almost ten years ago for possession of a class A drug – will this be an issue and is there anything I need to provide as supporting documentation to overcome this? (i.e. a completed form 80 / other references etc.)?

My main concern is the police caution – generally the consensus I see is that people complete ENS 186 TRTS on their own OK but don’t know anyone who has done this with a caution on file.

For the purposes of this application, I do not believe this is a conviction, but still worried it will cause a problem.

Any help more than welcome – thanks in advance JI have a few questions regarding the ENS 186 Temporary Residence Transition Scheme – apologies if they have been answered here already but a number of google searches have yielded nothing…

Lots of info on this thread - I think just about everything has been discussed here:

Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

1) We did it alone, were fine, but had a good grasp of the paperwork and had no additional worries/complications (e.g. medical conditions or convictions). Whether you do it alone or not is entirely individual - people do it both ways.

2) In almost all cases, yes.

3) This is where an agent may be worth the money...

Can't believe you can't find anything on Google! I've just typed in '186 visa' and found loads of posts from this forum and others... are you making your search term too complicated?? there really is lots out there.

Hi TP,

Thanks a lot for the quick response - 186 gives lots of results on google but specifically I am asking about police cautions for ENS 186 TRTS which I can't find anything on.

Was not sure about form 80 as thought only if from a non English speaking / dodgy country etc. - where are you from / what was your background? Looks like a nightmare form!!!!

Many thanks :)

Hi,

I'm not sure about the caution, I hope that they would see it was a long time ago, and just a once off so hopefully it won't be an issue.

As for the form 80, don't worry about it, it's looks worse than it is. Just put a night aside, get yourself organised an work through it one section at a time. I wrote everything on scrap paper first and then put it on the form. I did two of them. It's not that bad on e you get into it.

Good luck x

CO = Case Officer

Thanks to you both for your help - assuming the CO is from IMMI?

Just about to start process, anyone who has any experience in applying with a caution on ACPO any information greatly appreciated.

Also a number of people I have spoken to never had to complete form 80. Wishful thinking?

Archived