Life threatening neighbours !

Kareenee

Hi everyone,

Well new tenants moved in the unit next to mine a couple of weeks ago.. Yesterday night my boyfriend and I came back home and found the neighbours sofa, blanket, some food and scissors in front of our door. We saw her knocking energically on our door and asked her what was the matter.. Her answer was that we dont live here and if we dont "get the f*** out of here" she will kill us.. We first thought that she was joking but then she grabed the scissors and started to threat us.. At this point we literally ran for our life. She was chasing us screaming that we cant run away from her.. We called the police and she was taken to the hospital. I believe she was under drugs. The day before she threated us with a tazzer also saying that we wanted to kill her girlfriend. They use to be noisy but i could not expect this. I contacted the real estate agency but in vain. I dont know what else to do. I fear for others too as its a family residence which has always been quiet.

Hi everyone,

Well new tenants moved in the unit next to mine a couple of weeks ago.. Yesterday night my boyfriend and I came back home and found the neighbours sofa, blanket, some food and scissors in front of our door. We saw her knocking energically on our door and asked her what was the matter.. Her answer was that we dont live here and if we dont "get the f*** out of here" she will kill us.. We first thought that she was joking but then she grabed the scissors and started to threat us.. At this point we literally ran for our life. She was chasing us screaming that we cant run away from her.. We called the police and she was taken to the hospital. I believe she was under drugs. The day before she threated us with a tazzer also saying that we wanted to kill her girlfriend. They use to be noisy but i could not expect this. I contacted the real estate agency but in vain. I dont know what else to do. I fear for others too as its a family residence which has always been quiet.

What part of Sydney are you in Kareenee?

It doesn't really matter which part of Melbourne you live as can happen anywhere. If threatened do as you have done and report to the police. Record all instances of loud and/or aggressive behaviour with times and what happened. Report to local council, who should have someone available to deal with such matters like noise offense.

Very important to be able to produce a written report of every instance.

If the person attacked you with scissors you surely could have had her charged. May well be in need of mental health care. The police are normally good at this and have known similar instances where the person was taken directly to hospital.

Other neighbours also complained about the noise and are scared after what happened yesterday. We will get a written statement if something happens.. I am at that point where i have to check if she is here before taking my rubbish out..

Yes they are in rental. I contacted the real estate agency in charge of their unit this morning and she didnt help me much.

Real estate don't tend to be any use. They see it as not their problem, unless the property is being thrashed or likewise in some way. Even then the response can be less than reassuring. Police and council, besides taking matters into your own hands which can backfire, would appear the only way to go. If the situation continues.

Other neighbours also complained about the noise and are scared after what happened yesterday. We will get a written statement if something happens.. I am at that point where i have to check if she is here before taking my rubbish out..

Written statements from as many neighbours as possible and prior to that if not immediately forthcoming their names, address and contact details. The council should have a contact for the owner to be notified as well.

[h=2]If a dispute with a neighbour makes you fear for your safety[/h]If a dispute with a neighbour escalates and you fear for your safety there are laws to protect you. You can get a personal safety intervention order if:

• you have been assaulted, harassed or threatened
  • your property is damaged.

[h=3]What you can do[/h]You can apply for a personal safety intervention order at any Magistrates’ Court in Victoria. However, if you have a non-violent dispute, the court will encourage you to try mediation. For more information about how to apply see Personal safety intervention orders.

http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/disputes-with-neighbours

Archived