Accountants can't apply anymore?

Monami

All occupations have ceilings, but typically the ceiling for Accountants is quite high. Since the quota year started July 1st, they won't be anywhere near the ceiling as yet.

Thank you MaggieMay24

So with the quota in place I suppose I can still submit an EoI?

Plus do you mind shedding some light on the following? What do they mean by pro-rata arrangements for the occupation?

''As there are high levels of interest from prospective skilled migrants in the below occupations, pro rata arrangements for this occupational group will apply. These arrangements are subject to change throughout the programme years:

• ICT Business and Systems Analysts

• Software and Applications Programmers

• Accountants.''

I worked hard with the IELTS & scored 8 in all bands ... was just waiting for my prof certification... now that I got it I was just disappointed when I saw the July changes on accountants... that's why am fretting...

I agree with Pumpkin - stop fretting.

Where no pro-rata arrangements apply, you get an invitation as soon as your EOI gets to the top of the list.

If 'pro-rata arrangements' for an occupation apply and there are a lot of other EOIs for that occupation, it MAY take a bit longer to get an invitation. It all depends on your ranking against the other EOIs for your occupation and how many there are. In the last invitation round, accountant EOIs took less than 2 weeks longer to get an invitation than it took for non-prorated occupations. Look down to the third last table on the report for that round.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/28-july-2014.aspx SkillSelect - 28 July round results

Archived