Vac packing clothes in my suitcase??

bunnyboo

Has anybody ever vacuum packed their clothes in their suitcases. We have decided to travel light and just take our suitcases for now, but the problem I've got is that I've been suffering from 'panic buying syndrome'!!. :shocked:

Any advice anybody....?? I thought that I could vac pack most of the stuff and leave some items out so that I'm not wearing stinky clothes until I find a vacuum!!

Thanks

Debs x

We did this- didn't bring anything except our luggage to Oz, so vacuum packed loads of kids teddies and clothes. Worried that if we had to open them in customs we'd be stuffed trying to repack, but no problems.

I bought loads of kids clothes to bring with us too- they're still too big, a lot of them, after six months!

Jo x

Guest Parklife

My brother did when he moved to USA and he got LOADS of stuff in his case!! Just make sure you don't go over the weight limit!

The vaccuum bags are great - you just open them when you arrive and everything pings back!!

L xxx

Guest leanneandmark

Good idea!!

Stupid question but will it still weigh the same??

As in; will 20 jumpers weigh the same wen vac packed??

Guest Parklife
Good idea!!

Stupid question but will it still weigh the same??

As in; will 20 jumpers weigh the same wen vac packed??

Yes, they will (well, add a wee teeny bit on for the vac bag but that is just grams), but you will be able to fit a lot more stuff in your case if you vac pack it which may take you over the limit.

You can get the bags in Homebase, woolworths, JML direct! Lots of places - just look for homeware type places.

L xxx

Guest Ian&Lou

What a great idea, I cant believe I havent thought of this. Having tried to get all Ian's clothes into his suitcases today and having a mild (well reasonably large) strop about not being able to fit it all in, this seems to be the prefect solution...argos here I come!!!!

Lou

Archived