How Long to Register as a Nurse

keithredpath

She will need to be degree trained. As Nic said the application process can take a few months. Have you already been granted a visa? - If not, then that too will be part of the process in order to get to Perth

Edited as I put diploma rather than degree .. oops

@ali I think Ahpra are wanting degrees as minimum for new applicants now!

Thanks @nic1171 ... that's what I meant to put .... need to stop multi-tasking (or have another coffee to wake me up)

ETA ... just realised that's the first time I've used the 'mention' facility

OP's wife is 60. Is she likely to be degree qualified, Ali or Nic? My sister is 47 and a nurse and when she started training, I don't think degrees were usual but not sure, maybe it was just my sister not degree qualified.

She might have topped up Pumpkin - I wasn't degree educated, we had a service level agreement with the Uni - but it wasn't compulsory to top up.

Hi Pumpkin she may have completed a degree post qualifying like I have, not sure if these are being accepted now, mine was acknowledged but that was last year before Ahpra changed the rulings. If shes 60 shes gonna struggle for points if going for PR, not sure how she'll fare for sponsorship.

@keithredpath I would discuss this with a reputable migration agent before you start forking out money for assessments

Hi Pumpkin she may have completed a degree post qualifying like I have, not sure if these are being accepted now, mine was acknowledged but that was last year before Ahpra changed the rulings. If shes 60 shes gonna struggle for points if going for PR, not sure how she'll fare for sponsorship.

@keithredpath I would discuss this with a reputable migration agent before you start forking out money for assessments

There is no way a nurse aged 60 could get PR by themselves. Past the age limit for skilled migration and for permanent employer sponsored need to be earning over $130k for four years, which I do not believe nurses do. I think that they can only hope for a 457 visa and thereafter long holidays.

Archived