485 two year study requirement

Evgeniia

Hello,

I`m curently doing my master degree (Master of Accounting and Financial Management)

CRICOS Course Code: 052343B -(104 weeks).

I was granted advanced standing(from my study in overseas institution) towards this degree as follows Advanced standing: 4 subjects (60 credit points)

Remaining requirement: 12 subjects (180 credit points). So i will graduate this 2 year degree(on the COE says 1.5 years) in 18 months. Will this be enoght to satisfy the 2 year study requirement in order to apply for 485 visa?

I saw on the immi webpage that The department will use CRICOS to determine the standard duration of a course. A course that has a registered duration of 92 weeks is considered to meet the two academic years requirement.

But also.... ​If a course is CRICOS registered for 92 weeks (two years) and consists of 12 equal weighted units, you would be required to complete all 12 units to meet the Australian study requirement.

I`ve found on the same page what are my options:

If you fall short of the 92 weeks of study due to exemptions you have received, you have several options to meet the Australian study requirement. Options could include:

• have the university rescind the exemptions so you must now successfully complete these subjects to be awarded your qualification
  • complete additional units that are at the same level as the exempted units (or higher) and which are accepted by the university as award units for the qualification, such as an elective unit.
    Note: If the education provider specifies the units as 'Non-Award' units, then these units will not be able to count towards meeting the Australian study requirement. �Also the additional units would need to be of sufficient registered CRICOS duration to take you to a total of 92 weeks of registered study.
    Also note: The academic transcript should indicate that the elective is contributing towards the award of the degree for this unit to be counted towards meeting the Australian study requirement to ensure that there is no doubt about the electives being part of the award of the qualification
  • complete an additional qualification that is closely related to the occupation you nominate on your General Skilled Migration application. This additional qualification must be of sufficient CRICOS registered duration to make up for the exempted units from the students course(s)

Any sugestions whats

Oh ok. Will from what you yourself has posted, it doesn't look like it.

So now probably the best way to meet it is to enroll in some extra units. But in any case i cannot extend my visa right? I`ll have to make whole new application and pay the visa fee again?

I got trapped in this "To meet this requirement, you must have completed in no less than 16 calendar months either:

• a single qualification requiring at least two academic years study "

Archived