Prison Officer vetassess process

Callie mum

Hi are there any Prison Officers that have successfully gained a visa with just long service for qualification points? my agent has told me my service (19 yrs) will be assessed along with any course certificates and be counted as a qualification and therefore get points for it? The wording I received is as follows:

Prison Officer

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational Certificate III (e.g. NVQ Level 3), in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required.

If the applicant holds a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational Certificate II in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation, then three years of highly relevant employment is required.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Any feedback gratefully received

VETASSESS will only give a positive skills assessment if the applicant meets the requirements as specified and will not give a positive skills assessment only on the basis of experience in the occupation. For a Prison Officer, that means the minimum requirement is a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate II in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation. As I understand it, an Australian Cert II is equivalent to NVQ1/GNV0 Foundation in the UK.[TABLE=width: 90%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: lightgrey][/TD]

[TD=class: lightgrey][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I understand the qualification bit, but you do not require any nvqs in any subject to become a prison officer in the uk. So apart from initial training certificate which only proves you completed training which is not an official qualification how do prison officers get visas?

If you get in touch with a migration agent they will tell youhow to get onto the specified course. . It's just a money making scheme. . One you have done the course. .hey presto you are now 'qualified'.

This advice is wrong in all respects.

Archived