Ringing Australian Immigration

auspanda25

Myself and my partner have been in Australia NSW since May 2013, We are trying to ring the Australian Immigration number because she needs to file for her permanent residency however no one answers, she is sometimes on the phone for an hour with no answer.

The reason she needs to ring is because we had no internet for a few months and didnt realise that the email came through for her to apply and its now after the date.

Shes getting herself quite stressed about the situation.

Can anyone help or maybe have another number for her to ring??

Thank you Andrew and Donna

Hi Andrew - is she on an 820 or a 309, and it's now time for the permanent part of her visa (801 or 100, respectively)? If so, she can just apply online herself. No need to ring immigration first. It doesn't matter that she's past her eligibility date. They won't look at her application BEFORE the date she's eligible, but will anytime after. I'd do it ASAP as you don't want them to get around to cancelling the 309 or 820, but don't get too stressed - it seems to often take them months or even years to get around to canceling the original visa if the person doesn't apply for PR.

By the way, when she calls is she getting hold music, etc.? She just might not be waiting long enough. It's not unusual to have to wait an hour or longer before they get to your call. Try calling when they first open at 8:30. I've heard it's easier to get through then.

Hi Collegegirl

Thanks for responding, its the 309 visa and now applying for the 100 visa. So when ive read the email it said it should be done before the 7th of June. You think if she just goes ahead and does it online it will still be ok? and go through normally?

Thanks for your advice

Andrew

By the way, when she calls is she getting hold music, etc.? She just might not be waiting long enough. It's not unusual to have to wait an hour or longer before they get to your call. Try calling when they first open at 8:30. I've heard it's easier to get through then.

Calling at 8:30 will get you through

Archived