Is australia accept multiple citizenships?

basicrequest

For apply 820 Partner Visa, if the applicant already holding duel citizenships (for instance, gaint UK citizenship by birth and gaint Canada citizenship by naturalisation). Will Australia immigration will accept the applicant who already had duel citizenships or will it have any problem in application processing?

If the applicant like to apply Australian Citizen after gaint PR, will Australia request the applicant to give up one of Citizenship due Australia only allow duel (two) citizenship?

If you've not done so you should check that all the other countries citizenships allow for multiple citizenships to be held or if one of them will require a citizenship to be cancelled.

I looked into this as DH already has 2 but can't find any restrictions.

It's weird though as 2 people have told me (including one who was told by Oz immigration!) that Australia only allows you to have 2 citizenships but not more. I can't find any evidence online to back that up at all.

I looked into this as DH already has 2 but can't find any restrictions.

It's weird though as 2 people have told me (including one who was told by Oz immigration!) that Australia only allows you to have 2 citizenships but not more. I can't find any evidence online to back that up at all.

Info on what can be held for where

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_citizenship#Citizenship_of_multiple_countries

you may hold multiple citizenships but you will have to decide which one to have your visa attached to - and that will be the passport you must use to enter and leave Australia

Surely if you are taking Australian citizenship you would have to use an Australian passport to enter and leave the country?

Archived