struggling to move forward with application

wishfulthinking

Some friends of ours are struggling with the next step of their journey. The main applicant is a mechanic and has got many years as time served. The trouble is he is struggling to get references from the old companies he has worked for as some of the places of work have shut down and the ones that he has references for have only wrote a couple of lines and not in much detail. He has asked them to write more information but they are not willing to do this so he has hit a brick wall.

At the moment he is currently not working as a mechanic but he has time served clocking up about 15 years experience.

He is hoping to go the skilled route but if he chose to do the sponsor route would he still have to gather all the information needed to complete the process?

Ilelts have been passed and he has to do the skills assessment but is struggling with this part of the process. What can he do? Any slight information would be much appreciated.

When we needed the references we wrote them out to the requirements and let the company's fill the 'gaps' (dates, salary etc) in, so to speak.

Have they spoke with an agent to see what Visa they qualify for as i thought he would have to be working that Trade now to go the Skilled route and have paper qulaifications like an apprenticeship. Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows for sure.

Cal x

He did his apprenticeship about 15 years ago and has worked for toyota and various other places. He stopped working as a mechanic about 4 years ago but still does the 'odd' mechanical service for friends and family. He has all his certificates for his trade. I mentioned to them that they could write it all down for the companies and just get them to fill in the blanks so to speak, but some of the companies don't exist anymore, would this be a problem for them to go on a skilled 489(think that's what visa they were going with). Also does he still have to be working in that particular trade?

He has rang up concept immigration company and they said he has to get a reference from all the companies and they have left it at that. He is just a little confused as to where to get the relevant information.

Sorry for the questions.

TIA

In my opinion he is best consulting a migrant agent . Money well spent for professional advice for an apprentice served mechanic . He doesn't want to jeopardise his chances for a skilled migrant visa if he has a chance of successfully gaining it

I would also recommend a professional consultation. I am not sure if he would qualify anyway, often skills assessments will require a certain number of years experience in the last five years. If he has no paper qualifications could be more. I am sure there is a way around the references matter, like statutory declarations, but he should clarify his eligibility before spending more time on this.

Hi when I applied for my visa a couple of companies I worked for had shut down and one was not willing to give me a reference I just had to fill out a statutory declaration for each company stating what had happened and have it verified by the person who witnessed all my documents

Gary

Archived