Trying to get Visa with HR Background. Advice needed!!!

Bhav123

Dear All,

I am a HR professional and trying to get WA state sponsored Visa. Since HR falls in schedule 2 I need an employment contract from a company in Perth for getting an positive invitation.

Is it possible for companies to give such a letter without meeting the applicant in person?

Has anyone of you faced such an issue?

Can anyone guide me as to how can I proceed in this regard?

Please advice.

Regards

Bhavna

I've been curious about how this works -- a friend of mine is also looking into HR in Perth. So to get state sponsorship, you need a contract of employment. But to get a contract of employment, you need to be on the ground in Oz.

.. but to be on the ground with a job in hand... surely you then don't need the visa?! I can't see how this works. Why would an employer give you a contract if you were not yet eligible to work?

I've been curious about how this works -- a friend of mine is also looking into HR in Perth. So to get state sponsorship, you need a contract of employment. But to get a contract of employment, you need to be on the ground in Oz.

.. but to be on the ground with a job in hand... surely you then don't need the visa?! I can't see how this works. Why would an employer give you a contract if you were not yet eligible to work?

I don't think the states intention is to have lots of people applying this way. But it keeps the option open for that rare case.

Dear All,

I am a HR professional and trying to get WA state sponsored Visa. Since HR falls in schedule 2 I need an employment contract from a company in Perth for getting an positive invitation.

Is it possible for companies to give such a letter without meeting the applicant in person?

Has anyone of you faced such an issue?

Can anyone guide me as to how can I proceed in this regard?

Please advice.

Regards

Bhavna

If WA SS does not work you might want to consider consulting a registered migration agent to see whether you can develop an alternative strategy.

Hi Westly,

I did hire an agent here in India but according to them this is the only way as this particular occupation is not on any other state's list.

Do let me know if there's an alternative available.

Regards

Bhavna

Archived