Places of interest in Perth

HappyHeart

Guest Guest 47403
Your right I do love the diversity of Freo.

funny thing though I've done a whole round thing with Freo. Loved it, hated it, loved it again.

That was as a newbie. Now its a def love and staying that way.

Are you a bit alternative/hippie Fi? Or just like the place?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I suppose if you aren't beach people....Perth is not the place to rock up to

We had one beach holiday in our lives - and we only went on that to prove we'd hate it as much as we thought we would....yes, what were we thinking!!!! :wacko:

We had one beach holiday in our lives - and we only went on that to prove we'd hate it as much as we thought we would....yes, what were we thinking!!!! :wacko:

So why come to Perth, I would have thought other cities would have benefited you better....no?

Guest guest30085

Yanchep is great for little ones (and bigger ones)

So is Caversham Wildlife Park

Kings Park goes without saying

I went to Cohuna Wildlife a couple of weeks back, down at Byford, and unfortunately it is nowhere near like what the park used to be at it's original site (many years ago) - it's $15 per adult, not sure on kid prices, you can squeeze a koala but it's $25.

Had a drive through Kalamunda and up to Mundaring the other day and had a look at the dam etc and the Mundaring Weir Hotel? looks a nice place to stop off (I didn't though), looks to be some great tracks/roads around there for cycling etc

Fremantle - great place!

Been to Araluen @newjez, it is stunning, loved it, will go back in Spring I think as it was very hot the day we went. Never seen surfcat hire is South Perth tbh...I like the views, there are some lovely trees that are very Autumnal (in Autumn funnily enough) and the feel of the place changes by the season, such a picturesque spot and a thrill for all to ride the ferry for next to nothing.

Only problem with a lot of places is you can't take dogs..may have to look for dog friendly place tomorrow as no dogs at Yanchep which is where we are heading in half an hour. Nice walk round the lake and a beer after at the Inn beer garden.

Archived