CSOL List?

Ryan92

OK guys, I've came across the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List and a career I could very well fall under (never had a job in it although I am fully qualified with an Honours degree) is included in the list - Radio Presenter! . I'm pretty confused by what it could mean etc.

Could anyone help shine the light a little better for me?

If its on the CSOL one of the only options here is employer sponsorship. To be blunt, the degree will not be any help it would be proven and demonstrated work experience that would win you an interview and an offer of a job.... having never done it, I just done fancy your chances.

Have you ever done it in a voluntary capacity? like hospital radio or anything?

OK guys, I've came across the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List and a career I could very well fall under (never had a job in it although I am fully qualified with an Honours degree) is included in the list - Radio Presenter! . I'm pretty confused by what it could mean etc.

Could anyone help shine the light a little better for me?

Radio Presenter is an occupation assessed by Vetassess. It is a group B occupation which requires at least one year of employment experience if your qualification is highly relevant.

If its on the CSOL one of the only options here is employer sponsorship. To be blunt, the degree will not be any help it would be proven and demonstrated work experience that would win you an interview and an offer of a job.... having never done it, I just done fancy your chances.

Have you ever done it in a voluntary capacity? like hospital radio or anything?

Yeah I'm currently doing hospital radio and done weekly shows on the student radio station at my university for two years too! I just seen it on the list and thought it would ask :)

• 2 weeks later...

As you sound unclear about what paths are open to you it might be worth getting some initial free advice from a registered migration agent to discuss your options? I got some real good information from Go Matilda based upon our circumstances but then decided to go it alone. It can't hurt to understand your options better??

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

As you sound unclear about what paths are open to you it might be worth getting some initial free advice from a registered migration agent to discuss your options? I got some real good information from Go Matilda based upon our circumstances but then decided to go it alone. It can't hurt to understand your options better??

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Thank you so much!

I'm totally clueless with it all really but I've just been in touch with Go Mailta for some advice so we'll see what the outcome of that is :) x

Archived