EOI is slightly wrong but still have 60 points. Help! Only have 3 days to decide what to do!

millholl

Here is my situation...

I entered and EOI earlier this year and received an invitation to apply for a visa in May based on these points:

Age - 25 points

Work Experience- 15 points

English Language- 10 points

Qualification- 10 points

Total 60 points

However I have been unable to get my hands on the certificate for the qualification I hold so therefore I can't claim 10 points for it. So I have since re-sat my IELTS and gained 8's and 9's so I can now claim 20 points for superior English.

So I’m considering proceeding with the current invitation and explaining to them that I couldn't prove my qualification so I've re-sat my English to make up the points. I still have 60.

The problem I have is that the new rules that have been brought out regarding skills assessments means mine will not be valid after July 1st. And as I turn 40 in November this year, I realistically won't have time to have a new skills assessment done and receive another invite. I will lose 10 points once I hit 40 so this really is my last chance of applying for a visa. My current invitation expires on 26th June so I have to act quick! Aaarggh!

Does anyone think the DIBP will be sympathetic to my situation?

Thanks in advance for any views

Dave

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately DIBP will not be sympathetic towards your situation that's for sure!

Do not lodge your application. You will lose your application fees and your application will be refused.

Case officers have rules and regulations to follow. If an applicant lodges a visa application which does not tally up with the EOI that was submitted, then the case officer must refuse the application regardless whether the applicant still meets the required 60 (or +) points benchmark.

Why have you not been able to get your certificate for your qualification? I thought that the Skills authority would have needed this for your skills assessment?

I think that if your IELTS with all 8s is dated after you received an invitation, it won't be accepted and your application will be refused. No sympathy from CO will help, as at the time of the invitation you won't have the 60points that you claimed.

Can't you ask the issuing school for a copy of your diploma? For sure they have it in their archives... Even if it takes a while, you will be able to ask your CO for an extension and wait for the certificate to arrive.

I think that if your IELTS with all 8s is dated after you received an invitation, it won't be accepted and your application will be refused. No sympathy from CO will help, as at the time of the invitation you won't have the 60points that you claimed.

Can't you ask the issuing school for a copy of your diploma? For sure they have it in their archives... Even if it takes a while, you will be able to ask your CO for an extension and wait for the certificate to arrive.

That's a good point JoanneAch. I overlooked that bit about the IELTS being dated after receiving the invite. On this error alone, if the application was lodged it would be refused by the co

Dave keeps creating threads like this and being told that he has not met the criteria , but he goes against advice everytime, before asking again later.

I can understand he is hoping to get an opinion he wants to hear, but he is essentially just burying his head in the sand :-(

I hope it all works out :-)

Guest guest30085

If you have several thousand dollars spare that you don't need, then by all means submit the visa application, as just the IELTS dated after the date of EOI submission will mean a refusal.

I take it that the qualification that you have mentioned was not used as part of your skills assessment? There must be some way of proving you attended, try contacting whichever exam board covers the qualification the diploma is in, try AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL etc

https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate

The link gives some info, obviously it will depend what your diploma is.

You might be right, maybe I am seeking the right opinions. But it's a bitter pill to swallow when the DIBP make a change every July that always effects me...it's almost like it's personal.

Anyway...I noticed as I was filling out the Visa application forms that it clearly stated Please enter the details of your latest English test.

Which is what I've done.

In the meantime I 'm going to try harder in getting hold of my certificate.

Ta.

I 'm going to try harder in getting hold of my certificate -

This might not help you unless it was relied upon in your skills assessment, or was completed in Australia and is closely related to your nominated occupation.

Guest guest30085
You might be right, maybe I am seeking the right opinions. But it's a bitter pill to swallow when the DIBP make a change every July that always effects me...it's almost like it's personal.

Anyway...I noticed as I was filling out the Visa application forms that it clearly stated Please enter the details of your latest English test.

Which is what I've done.

In the meantime I 'm going to try harder in getting hold of my certificate.

Ta.

It won't make any difference, any quals or exp that you claim points for must have been obtained before your EOI, therefore your 2nd IELTS with 8s and above was obtained after EOI. It won't be accepted.

Guest guest30085
This might not help you unless it was relied upon in your skills assessment, or was completed in Australia and is closely related to your nominated occupation.

I thought you could claim points for any qualification if it's deemed equivalent to diploma, degree, masters or PhD, as deemed by DIBP? I also thought that it did not always have to be sent to a skills assessment body if is was not needed for the assessment itself and only being used to claim points and DIBP would make it's own assessment.

The qualification I used to claim points had absolutely no relation to the nominated occupation

Yes, that’s what I thought.

I actually didn’t use my qualification as as part of my ACS Skills Assessment - I went the RPL route.

Here’s another stab in the dark. I actually have another qualification which is NVQ Level II in domestic Plumbing & Heating which I do have the certificates for.

Bit I’ve never considered using these.

Archived