Paper application - payment by a credit card

KateK

I guess most people pay by credit card. On paper application they have a form field for credit card number only, but not for an additional 3 digits from the back of the card.

I think these 3 digits are required for all 'card not present' transactions? Do I need to add these 3 digits to a credit card number?

Hi, Thats a very good question. Im in the same boat and about to do the same.

I cant see how the payment can be taken without it, lets see if anyone can come up with an answer.

I applied on paper. I didn't' tad d&d any additional info other than what was asked for on the form. The money was taken straight away. They really don't hang around with taking payment.

I sent my application on Monday, arrived in London Tuesday and the payment was taken Wednesday. The payment showed on my online banking yesterday to show actual cost in £ with all the extra charges for using a credit card. Still substantially cheaper than using a bankers cheque.

I didn't add the three extra digits.

Thanks everyone!

I sent my application on Monday, arrived in London Tuesday and the payment was taken Wednesday. The payment showed on my online banking yesterday to show actual cost in £ with all the extra charges for using a credit card. Still substantially cheaper than using a bankers cheque.

I didn't add the three extra digits.

And another bonus of credit card - you know they received your application

Archived