process own visa

John86

Hi John,

It depends on a wide variety of factors, number one being whether you believe that you can do it yourself - and really only you can answer that.

Occupation is also significant. I saw from your previous post that you're a tradesman which can sometimes add difficulty, especially for self-employed applicants. It's stereotypical I know, but I always see a lot of tradesmen that have been a little 'relaxed' about their paperwork or payslips/tax which can often be a problem that needs addressing.

Like anything, if you're prepared to put in the research and work there's no reason why you can't do it yourself, if not there are Registered Migration Agents who charge a fee to take you through the process.

We're in the process of doing our own. Lots of great info on this site as well as the skills select and the site of the state you would like to apply to. We just started a blank word document and kept the snippets of info there we found useful which is now a to do list in effect for us. Skills assessment was the long part for us, but thankfully done. No reason, in my view, why you can't complete yourself. Good luck :)

Absolutely do-able....I did my wife and kids 100 a few years ago, with no problem getting it through. As Adam Grey said, you have to make sure all your paperwork is squared away, all t's crossed and i's dotted, at time of submission, or that can throw a wrench in the gears at the DIBP end....best of luck!!

I'm in the process of applying for a 190 and have done it myself. It's a case of reading everything you can to understand the whole process and various options available. First for me was the skills assessment, so needed to get uni transcripts organised and then got copies of documents notarised to send off. Whilst waiting for that I took the ielts as I needed to top up points I'd dropped due to being 43. Once those two were complete it took me to 55 points so I applied for state nomination with Victoria to give me the extra five points. Once that was successful I was invited to apply for the 190 in March and now patiently waiting!!!!

Archived