Anyone home from Leeds expo yet?

debbie2302

Hi

Just wondering if anyone been to the Leeds expo today and wondering what your views were! We are going tomorrow but looking for any feedback before we go.

OH in IT, was there many IT companies there, does anyone know.

Glad of any info.

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Guest lynneflinn
Hi

Just wondering if anyone been to the Leeds expo today and wondering what your views were! We are going tomorrow but looking for any feedback before we go.

OH in IT, was there many IT companies there, does anyone know.

Glad of any info.

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Hi

there are a couple of posts already on here about the Leeds expo so maybe you could look at those, but the general consensus of opinion is that it was rubbish. I would be curious to know what you thought.

Hi Lynne

I posted that thread yesterday afternoon, but have been on the thread that you have been on this evening, complete waste of time, went to one in Edinburgh 6 weeks ago, Emigrate one, much, much better, but same companies there today and my OH in IT, only 1 recruiter and not in line of work he does, it would help in they told you in advance which companies were going to be there and then you could make an assessment as to whether it was worth your while going.

Anyway been now, but wont be going to another one in a hurry, will plod along with the permanent residency visa in the meantime.

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Guest lynneflinn
Hi Lynne

I posted that thread yesterday afternoon, but have been on the thread that you have been on this evening, complete waste of time, went to one in Edinburgh 6 weeks ago, Emigrate one, much, much better, but same companies there today and my OH in IT, only 1 recruiter and not in line of work he does, it would help in they told you in advance which companies were going to be there and then you could make an assessment as to whether it was worth your while going.

Anyway been now, but wont be going to another one in a hurry, will plod along with the permanent residency visa in the meantime.

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Yeah , I agree the Emigrate one is much better even though it was a few years ago that we went, but we sort of knew once that I had booked the tickets that it wasnt going to be much use to us. Its TA for us I think, Darrell's the man. Good luck and hope it all works out for you

Guest MelodyS
Hi Lynne

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Hi!, Not logged onto here for two days....We went along to the expo yesterday ( Saturday ) and found it next to pointless!!! I was sooooo disappointed! I have spent a week putting together a professional portfolio ( as did OH ) and we didn't even get them out of our bag! I am a nurse and was led to believe that there would be representatives there from recruitment agencies etc......I did offer a CV to a WA rep, who told me that she wouldn't take it as it wasn't electronic!!!! oh well. we have been.... and the conclusion is...continue as we were!!! This site provides far more useful advise than an expo!!

Sorry about that rant. I do feel better for getting it off my chest though!

Oh and we enjoyed the armories!!!

Where are you heading? Where are you in your application process? I am just going to post a question about the skills assessment...It's blowing my mind!!!! LOL. x

:arghh::biglaugh::twitcy:

Archived