457 visa

Yaz86

Hi all, okay so I'm British and on a working holiday visa. I have been working for my current employer for 3 months as a B and B operator. She is wanting to sponsor me on a 457 visa, although I have no qualifications in this industry. Can anyone advise which courses i would need to take to gain the relevant minimum requirements for this profession. I have looked at the visa website and the only info is a diploma but it doesn't state what in? Thanks!

I am guessing that she has not sponsored before and so I recommend that she speaks to an agent. It is not as simple as a company wanting to. Not every company can qualify as there are a range of criteria including a minimum amount of her turnover being spent on training. Then the company will have to establish the reason they are sponsoring you is because they could not otherwise fill the position.

Then the occupation has to be on either the sol or CSOL lists. Then there are minimum salaries that have to be paid. Lastly, yes, DIAC will want evidence that you are qualified to do the job.

As a result, I suggest you contact a good registered migration agent. Try Go Matilda

Hello Yaz,

You don't necessarily need to be diploma qualified, 3 years relevant experience can suffice. The relevance of the qualification is also a bit of a grey area that can often be argued successfully.

The company side of things is invariably more complicated than the actual visa application, but most are eligible and if they're not it generally just takes a bit of thinking outside the box to find a way forward. There's no labour market testing for your occupation so they don't have to worry about showing they couldn't find an Australian.

We process approximately 30 457 applications a month from sole-traders to global corporates, start ups to established businesses, overseas business looking to start in Australia or even individual migrants looking to do the same. Lots of variables and permutations in this visa class, and lots of ways for the business and you to achieve your goals.

I'm applying for 457 sponsorship as motel manager and my diploma isnt in that field. It's 3 years experience or a diploma and doesnt state that it has to be in a field of expertise. Obviously it would help you if it was but there are other options. Definitely speak to an agent if you're boss has never done it before. My side of it has been relatively easy and I could have done it before but the sponsor has never done it before so we wanted to get everything done properly first time.

I'm applying for 457 sponsorship as motel manager and my diploma isnt in that field. It's 3 years experience or a diploma and doesnt state that it has to be in a field of expertise. Obviously it would help you if it was but there are other options. Definitely speak to an agent if you're boss has never done it before. My side of it has been relatively easy and I could have done it before but the sponsor has never done it before so we wanted to get everything done properly first time.

You do have to be a bit careful with the relevance of a qualification, but as I mentioned above it can often be argued. Sure ANZSCO does not specify a relevance, but policy does allude to it......grey area.

There's no LMT for hotel/motel manager.

Archived