Air Conditioning Tools

CraigandDebs

Hi everyone.

I am getting close to organising some shipping to Oz but I don't know what to do with all my tools.

Has anybody in a trade had a similar problem?

I am an air con engineer, and I think I will need my tools right up until we leave the UK to earn that last bit of money... But I will need them as soon as we land in Oz to get started with work.

I can't wait 2 or 3 months for my tools to arrive with my shipped home goods.

Is there any air con/fridge engineers or other tradies who can share their experience or offer advice?

Thank you

Thanks Maggie

I'm worried about the weight of them to be honest... There's a lot of tools to doing this job. I have 2 toolboxes full of tools, plus pipe benders, gauges, drills, expanders, flare kits.....

(sorry if this doesn't mean anything to anyone)

Who are you flying with ?

we opened a bank account with ANZ who were tied with emirates who then gave us 50kg each, I to was working ( joiner ) until we moved out so kept a small basic kit and took this with me as check in put every thing on the scale at Manchester 124kg Thought oh dear this is going to cost reply was good luck in your new life down under .

i then sent some items that I needed DHL this cost £300 and the rest in our container

if you have a start from my experience the guys will help you out with tools you have not got for the short term ,

all power tools are 240v , some items are expensive others are cheaper to buy,

good luck with your move.

• 4 weeks later...

One more point..

I have a nice new 18v combi drill. What is the score with transporting the lithium ion batteries?

Can I take them on the plane?

I'm currently packing my shipping boxes to be picked up next week by PSS. Wondered if its worth puttiing one in there.

Archived