Best Value Pet Travel?

dissolvedgirl

Hi there!

Does anyone have any advise about which is generally the best value best transport company out there? Price wise and quality wise?

Have requested quotes so far from Animal Airlines, PetAirUk, and Airsupply Shipping Agents...

Any advice would be much appreciated all! :)

Helen

We used golden arrow to ship our two labs. Lovely people to deal with, you are a person, not just a booking. Small enough to care.

I reckon I got quotes and spoke to them all. You have to look at the bigger picture. Ie where are you heading? If WA then no quarantine here now, so you would have to check if onward travel is included.

We were happy with the service we got, plus they also boarded ours for free for a few days before the flight. But they were still the cheapest by far xx

Guest The Pom Queen

The cheapest isn't always the best. From personal experience and knowing a number of members who have used them I would look at Bob at Petair. He has never received anything but praise and treats every pet as his own. He has also been a qualified vet for a number of years, so if there were any problems health wise or with the paperwork he would be able to sort this for you.

Thanks for both your replies :)

I've had a few quotes come through now, but it's a bit overwhelming in trying to suss out who includes what in their quote etc. I know Petair are generally the most expensive (from what I've found), but many say the best, and their quote seems to cover pretty much everything you could think of.

With Golden Arrow, what extras did you have to pay for Fifi? We're heading to the Gold Coast, so would send our little man to Sydney, then onwards from there.

I used Animal Couriers, they were amongst the cheapest, but as others have said, you probably get what you pay for. I had to do a bit of chasing, their paperwork and instructions were a little out of date too.

The people I dealt with were nice and friendly though.

In hindsight I wish I'd have used Petair, more expensive, but you do seem to get a far more personal service.

My PetAir quote was broken down and every detail of what they provide was highlighted, this wasnt the case with Animal Couriers, I think what I got with Animal Couriers is possibly equivalent to PetAirs silver service.

Why not show PetAir your Golden Arrow quote and ask them why they want £500 more?

• 2 weeks later...

Great Thread!

Definitely dont be shy to show your cheaper quote off! The bulk of the cost is the airline cost and this is based on the volume of the crates. We have been battling recently with "cheaper" companies who quote the dogs in crates much smaller than we quote. Really to get a true reflection if you are really comparing like for like then you need to ask for the size of the crate being quoted on and then really have a look through at what is included. Our Gold quote includes more than anyone else's quote as it included the pre travel treatments and pretty much no other companies include that.

Anybody is very welcome to send their cheaper quotes over to us and we will let you know if it will work out cheaper in the long run. We love seeing other people's quotes!