Putting in a pool

fifi69

@HappyHeart first pool was a 8x4 all in it was $22000, it was a reconditioned pool with new pump.

Second pool the one we have here now was all in $26500 for a 7x4, because we had paving and bullnosing fitted (another extra cost), i did all the fencing myself both times.

Doesn't sound as much as i thought, cheers. maybe we can have one after all!

Guest Guest66881

As usual it is all the extra bells and whistles you might want that tally up the final score.

We needed an extra metre of paving all around to cover the edges as we wanted them, that was another $700 on top at the end, Debs fault for wanting a different border pattern.

All our pool fencing came from the same place down on Osborne park estate, just need to plan it out dig your holes and install ( i loved doing it myself) it's cheaper too:wink:

If doing your own fencing and doing frameless glass I strongly advise against using bolt down spigots - glass panels are heavy and having them fall over could be a disaster.

I always prefer to core drill posts/spigots wherever possible (even semi frameless or tubular) but you need extra thickness along the fence line whether limestone or concrete under paving.

Edited by Chardy

just in the middle of getting one done, a good time to get one put in as the companies tend to be less busy this time of year as oppose to prior to Xmas - freeform pool, fair few bells and whistles, but about 30k including concrete and fencing, wiring for solar - no problems with dig or access as using up land at the side of the house.

Cal