bank accounts

Guest ASPIS4

Guest ASPIS4

Prob daft question but,

Does anyone know if you can just leave bank account open in the uk and change address to overseas and pay any bill for example if not paid all credit card off then wanting to pay payments until house sold, also not wanting to send all funds over once house sold until rate improves:chatterbox:

Guest HelenaBooth
Prob daft question but,

Does anyone know if you can just leave bank account open in the uk and change address to overseas and pay any bill for example if not paid all credit card off then wanting to pay payments until house sold, also not wanting to send all funds over once house sold until rate improves:chatterbox:

Hello :jiggy:

Sorry I cant help but I would love to know the answers!

xx

Hi,

We have just opened a Halifax account as we want to keep a couple of policies going, so we will put the funds in to keep them going... We are lucky enough to have Steve's brother to look after it if need be and his address is on the details... I am not 100% sure but if you put overseas details it may open a can of worms???

So i will be watching this space too...

good question - we need to leave ours open so the rent from our UK house can be paid in to cover our mortgage payments. We could monitor through online banking or leave one of the rellies in charge.

Bumping you back up to the top will hopefully generate some answers.

Guest Marilyn

I visited my bank (Royal Bank of Scotland) last week as I want to keep an account open to pay direct debits for endowment policies and was told it wouldn't be a problem and they send statements etc all over the world. I do all my banking online so will opt for a paperless account when I move to Perth.

Marilyn

Guest ASPIS4

thanks for that I think we will do the same leave our account open then and open one with Westpac for when we get there too

Guest Tracey Adams

Hi

I have looked into leaving a bank account open in the UK, we are with the HSBC and need to keep paying some bills until they are cleared as we will not have enough money from the sale of the house. They have told me that there will be no problem, that I can manage the account online and they will send statments via mail if required, and also that I can set up standing ordrs or DD from my OZ account into the uk one without any problems.

Hope this helps with some of your questions.

Tracey x

I have had my account with the Co-op all the time I have been here and I am so glad that I kept it open. They have my Australian address and there has never been an issue. The only problem I have had is that the debit card that goes with it cannot be used to top up my O2 mobile PAYG account because the billing address is not in UK but that is a very minor inconvenience.

It is a big plus when you go home for a holiday as you just to an international transfer of funds into the account and then use your chip and pin card for purchases or cash. I wouldnt be closing a UK bank account unless you absolutely have to.

Guest Pinhead

The problem you may have is when you have a new ATM card issued. For example CBA won't send their ATM cards overseas for security reasons.

If this is the case for Nationwide this will be a problem going forward as you need your card in conjuction with their new security device to access your Internet Banking.

I'd get your account address changed to a relative who can send documentation / cards onto if your bank refuses to send things overseas.

Archived